O N E / F I V E

WHAT. THE FUCK.

1K READS ALREADY....

HOLY SHIT.

Guys, you have no clue how much this means to me. I never thought any of my books would get anywhere. I believe in this story, and I really want to make this as good as Bite Me turned out to be. And every time you guys leave a comment or a vote or even just a read, you're showing me that you believe in this story too. And that is... magical. Especially for someone like me who aspires to devote their life to writing.

Enough of the sappy stuff. You guys are gorgeous, and I give love & cookies to every one of you gorgeous children <3

SOTC: Jupiter — EDEN
the aftermath of this vacuum's lifeless / the afterglow makes the past so inviting

Dawn sidled along the horizon, slowly bleeding into the early morning sky. Morning light pooled in Carl's hands and across the RV floor.

He watched as April ran a finger over the back of her hand, feeling the edges of a scar. Shaped in a heart, cleanly, like it was meant to be there. Pink and fresh, so swelled that it seemed to glow through the night. April was smiling at it, with a kind of pride in her gaze.

Carl felt vomit rise in his throat. This girl seemed to be just as sick and twisted as her father. Just as sociopathic. Less reasonable, more insane.

She's a vampire bat.

The RV lurched as it came to a rigid, condemning stop. Carl took off his hat and began to massage his temples. He felt dread curl from his stomach into his throat, scraping along his insides. For a moment, everything jarred, and his vision flashed with red. He braced himself for another panic attack, but instead he was filled with the thick, honey-like taste of beautiful pain. The kind that feels like poetry and Arctic Monkeys songs, and looking out the bus window on a rainy afternoon.

He should go out with valor grit between his teeth, breathing something that made him honorable. Maybe the group could remember him like that once he was gone.

The RV doors wheezed open, and Negan tugged Rick up from beside his son, pulling the man outside by his reluctant footsteps. 

A warm hand laid on his shoulder, sending a jolt up his spine. He sat motionless as April crouched to hiss in his ear.

"We're just going to the car, then we're on our way to the Sanctuary." She breathed a chuckle. Carl felt a cringe slither around his neck. "Isn't that exciting?"

She pat his back softly, a warning against noncompliance. Carl begrudgingly came to his feet, pacing a few steps forward.

He froze. What was he doing? Just giving in, letting this damn devil girl move him around like a puppet? He was better than this.

His mind reeled, and Carl began composing a string of well-placed words. With adrenaline shooting through him, he brought his gaze to April's. "What... what are you going to do with me? Torture me?"

She looked slightly taken aback, with her crystalline green eyes glittering in fascination. Carl had never taken the moment to truly look at her; he had been dragged around and terrorized all night after all. A spotless coat of wine-red lipstick, quirking up as she smiled. Thick liner that framed her eyes like raven wings. Her hair was long and uncurled, pieces flying out. Coffee-colored, like her father's.

She looked like a goddess. The kind that sends cities to their knees in fear. The kind who is never in children's picture books.

The kind that twists people.

"Darling," April purred, sporting a coy grin. "I'm going to do much more than simply torture."

She grabbed him by his arm, pulling him through the RV doors.

The icy, early-morning air hit Carl like a fist. He wished he had the strength not to look, but his gaze immediately snapped to those of his friends'. An array of emotions spread out before him.

The first thing he saw was... it. And Maggie's trembling, blubbering lips, tears mingling with the swath of blood and flesh pouring at her knees. Her numb, horror-ridden fingertips gripped Glenn's motionless hand, and she brought it to her lips, again and again.

Michonne stared at him with concerned, troubled eyes. Without speaking, she communicated such a desolate sense of pain and care. He gave a small nod. A thin, grim tilt of his lips. He tipped his head upwards, willing himself not to cry, not to dissolve into the ground, as he so dearly wanted.

April nudged him forward. He traded one final, reassuring glance with his father.

I'll come back.

x x x x x x x x x x

A/N: Was the chapter okay? 

QOTD: music recs?
If — House of Heroes
•Code Name: Raven — House of Heroes
•Ode to Sleep — Twenty Øne Piløts
•Holding On To You — Twenty Øne Piløts
•Migraine — Twenty Øne Piløts
•Nicotine — Panic! At the Disco
•Dear Maria, Count Me In — All Time Low
•Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High — Arctic Monkeys
•Florescent Adolescent — Arctic Monkeys
•R U Mine? — Arctic Monkeys
•Arabella — Arctic Monkeys
•Love Me — The 1975
•Seven Nation Army — The White Stripes
•Mr. Brightside — The Killers
•Misery Business — Paramore

x x x x x x x x x x

Word Count: 901
Created 2-2-17
Edited 4-22-17
Edited 6-28-17
Edited 8-17-17

DEVILS  ♛  C. G. 〖 #wattys2018 〗On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara