F O U R / N I N E

gorillaz is having another comeback and i'm absolutely quaking?? and it sounds so chill and happy? this could be everything i wanted humanz to be. i loved sleeping powder a ton as well, i never thought they would have another album so soon? and a couple days after my birthday too?? god i'm so pumped

SOTC: falling in reverse — EDEN
don't let the monster in your head become your fears 

April didn't feel anything. Nothing, since she woke up. Absolute numbness, like a cold steel skeleton.

She didn't say anything as she left the RV. She just silently paced to where Negan stood, at the center of a ring of people. Carl's people. It was that nightmare, all over again.

"Now," Negan said. He was turned away from April. The Alexandrians looked like wilted flowers, shivering, all eyes angled on her. She stepped between two kneeling bodies. "Who's it gonna be? Who is going to pay the debt? Hell, I should kill all of you for what you've done!"

April stopped. She had this look of cold apathy as she regarded her father. 

"Hi, Dad."

Negan wheeled around. His expression melted from rage into a casual smirk. "April!"

He outstretched his arms, like he was looking for a hug. When she didn't respond, he dropped them. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Dad, I need you to give me Lucille."

He stood there for a moment. The bat leaned against his leg, daylight gleaming off the barbed wire. Negan's expression morphed slowly, an animal waking up from a doze. "Oh, I see what this is."

April stepped forward. "What is this, then?"

Negan scoffed. "Just cause you're getting all kissy-kissy with Mister Eyepatch doesn't mean you can get me to—"

In a flash, she latched her hand over Lucille's handle. "Give it to me," April snarled.

Her father laughed. "Are you kidding me? Are you..."

He saw the look on her face. Negan shook his head, released a disbelieving breath, looked back at April. Her stare was piercing, enough that it made him flinch. 

"Lord, April." He said, trying to wrestle Lucille back, but her grip was iron.

"I want to do it myself," she said quietly.

"Oh!" He immediately released the bat. "Look at you! Graduating!"

Negan stood there for a moment, studying her statuesque glare. "Well, I guess I'll step aside—"

"No." 

He turned around, wearing an expression she could hardly discern. Yes, there was fear there. Fear of embarrassment, maybe. Certainly not fear of her. Yet.

"No?"

"I didn't say you could go."

Negan looked so confused. He watched as April slung Lucille over her shoulder. He had more than a foot on her, but in that moment, he seemed to shrink.

"Dad, keep your eyes on Lucille." 

Pause. As the moment wore on, the confusion seemed to grow on her father's face.

"Hey dad, you wanna hear something?"

His eyes went back to hers. She felt the full firepower of her words as she hurled each one at him, spit each one square into his smug face. 

"You're a real motherfucker, dad." April ran her thumb along Lucille's handle. "I'm sick of your shit. So many years spent under your boot. You treat your loved ones like pets. You treat people like clay, like you can stretch and mold and bend and tear them into whatever shape you want them to be. You taught me how to kill people when I was eleven years old."