Count Marzo's Return

Episode 2: Count Marzo's Return

King Randor watched as his troops trained below him. He sighed as his son walked up behind him.

"Father, Mother is looking for you."

Randor turned to his son. "I wonder why."

Adam leaned against the railing and looked down at the troops. "I don't. She just wishes to see you."

Randor nodded and left his son.

Marlena stood inside hers and Randor's bedchamber. Randor walked into the room and shut the door behind him.

"Marlena, what's wrong?"

"I can't do it any more. I can't pretend she doesn't exist."

Randor sighed as tears began to form in his wife's eyes. "Marlena."

"No, Randor. I'm a mother with one child here and the other who knows where."

"Marlena, at least we have Adam. Moraius has no idea where his wife nor his daughter is."

Marlena hung her head. "I know. But I miss her."

Randor walked to his wife and wrapped his arms around her. "I know. I do, too."

Count Marzo stood hidden under his cloak. He wanted the throne of Eternia. The fool who had released him and He-man had stopped his last attempt.

Marzo grinned. This time he had a better plan.

Teela sighed as she watched Roboto and Man E Faces play chess. The game was getting boring.

Fristo walked up beside his niece. "Are you all right?"

Teela smiled at him. "Just bored, I guess."

Fristo smiled. "Don't let your father hear that."

"I know."

The two watched as Roboto won the match. Man E Faces congratulated Roboto and the two ended their match.

He-man dodged an attack from one of Man-at-Arms's robots. He was training near Castle Grayskull. Orko levitated beside Duncan watching He-man fight the robots.

"Man-at-Arms, it feels odd watching and not helping."

Duncan smiled. "I know, but he needs the training still. No matter how good he is he still needs to train."

Orko nodded his head and returned to watching He-man.

Duncan nodded as He-man dodge an attack.

Count Marzo stood inside the Evergreen Forest. He had found some new pets. The two infern haită stood beside their master. Their black fur glistened in the small amount of sunlight.

Marzo smiled. This time he would succeed in gaining the throne.

Slowly the three made their way towards The Royal Palace of Eternia.

He-man took a deep breath as he prepared to fight one of the robots.

He-man, the Palace is being attacked by Count Marzo. You must hurry. Your parents are in danger.

He-man glanced up at Duncan. "The Palace is being attacked. We need to go."

Duncan pushed a few buttons on his mace and the robots stopped. "Let's get going."

Orko levitated after them as they headed toward the Battle Hawk.

Marzo smiled as the best of Eternian Troops fled from him. The Masters or so they called themselves were the only ones in his way. The fool who had given his amulet back not too long ago stood with them.

The infern haită moved toward them. He watched as the only woman among them moved to the front. A slow smiled formed on his face. She would make an excellent queen. He would need one after getting the throne.

"Contras de la nu face ataca cea femeie." The infern haită looked back at him and then began to move towards the Masters.

He-man, Man-at-Arms, and Orko raced towards the Palace.

The infern haită were mostly fighting Man E Faces and Fristo. Ram man had been knocked out by Marzo when he had tried to attack the wizard. Roboto had tried to attack him as well and had been sent over the wall. Buzz Off and Stratos had been knocked down by a spell.

Marzo sneaked up behind Teela. Quickly wrapping an arm around her, he transported them to the throne room.

Teela watched as he cast a spell over everyone in the throne room. She watched as her king and queen were turned into small rodents. Marzo turned to face her.

"Now that I'm king, I need a queen."

Teela glared at him. "I don't think so. You still have to face He-man."

Marzo smirked. "I can take care of him."

He began to walk towards her. "Tu vrea sta mei regină."

Teela began to walk backwards away from him. Where was He-man?

Count Marzo- or as he was already calling himself- King Marzo, stopped in front of her. "You should be honoured my dear. I have chosen you to be my queen."

Teela stopped as she backed up into a wall. "I'll never be your queen, Marzo."

Marzo smiled. "I believe, my dear, you will be." He held up his amulet. "I believe you won't have a choice."

A red light came from the amulet and hit Teela. The red light enveloped Teela.

The light disappeared and Teela stood with a daze look on her face. Marzo smirked as Teela came towards him. "My king."

The infern haită had forced Man E Faces and Fristo to almost surrender. He-man had arrived and taken care of the creatures. Then he made his way to the throne room with Orko, Man-at-Arms, Fristo, and Man E Faces behind him.

They entered the throne room to find it swarming with rodents and Marzo and Teela sitting in the thrones.

He-man glanced at Duncan. Duncan and the others prepared for battle.

Marzo grinned at the remaining Masters. "Welcome to my Palace."

He-man stepped forward. "I don't think so, Marzo."

Marzo raised his amulet. The red light from it went towards He-man, but He-man raised his sword. The light reflected off of it and went back towards Marzo.

The light returned to the amulet. Marzo stood up. "This is my kingdom now, He-man."

Suddenly Zoar flew into the room and took hold of Marzo's amulet it carried it He-man. He caught as it fell from the falcon's talons.

Destroy It, He-man! Teela is under his spell. Once it is destroyed all of his spell will reverse.

He-man nodded to Zoar and placed his sword behind his back. Then he proceeded to crush the amulet.

Marzo watched as a sudden bust of red light came from He-man clasped hands as his amulet was destroyed. Thus with his amulet destroyed Marzo returned to his cursed state.

Quickly he raced out of the Palace as all of his spells became undone. Teela blinked her eyes.

"Why am I sitting here?"

Randor glanced at Duncan. Duncan smiled at his daughter. "Don't worry."

Marzo raced along the Dark hemisphere heading towards Snake Mountain. He could still feel some of his power inside of him. He smirked as he realized he could help Evil-lyn once again to obtain her goal of freeing Hordak.