Fristo's Memory

Episode 5: Fristo's Memory

Fristo watched his niece spar with the prince. Something about her was familiar. He had thought that when he had first met her. He shook his head. His brother walked up to his side.

"Everything seems to be going fine."

Fristo turned to his brother. "For the time being, Duncan."

Duncan nodded. "Yes, true."

Fristo watched as Teela knocked the prince off of his feet. She then helped him to his feet.

Duncan glanced at his brother. "What's wrong?"

"I know I don't have a good reason for missing during the Great Unrest. But I can't remember much. Slowly things are coming to me, but most don't make sense."

Duncan turned to his brother. "I've talked to a few who survived. They mentioned you were injured. I'm sorry for the things I've said."

"Thank you, Duncan."

Duncan watched as his brother walked away.

Fristo woke up in his bed. Another dream. A dream about something he needed to remember. Something important. All he did remember from it was a village. A village he could vaguely see. Quickly he dressed and went to his brother's workshop.

He took one of the Skysleds and flew towards where his memory led him. The village of Pelleezeea.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Sorceress of Grayskull sat on her throne asleep. Slowly she awoke and watched Fristo fly towards Pelleezeea. "What is he doing?" She sat up and heard him say. "I have to find her. She has to be there."

The Sorceress stood up. "It can't be. He can't be."

The Masters looked the Palace up and down looking for Fristo. No one knew where he was. No one could find him. Duncan was becoming worried.

"He mustn't have believed me."

King Randor placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Don't worry, Duncan, we'll find him."

--------------------------------------

Fristo arrived in Pelleezeea. The villagers watched him. The Shaman walked up to him. "Welcome back. I had thought I would never see you again."

"I'm sorry. Do I know you?"

"She did say you might not remember if you regained your memory."

"Who?"

"Your wife."

Fristo closed his eyes. Vaguely a voice came to his mind. He opened them and looked at the Shaman. "I don't remember much."

The Shaman nodded. "Follow me."

Fristo followed the Shaman. The Shaman led him to the Wall of Remembrance. The Shaman pointed to the woman craved on the wall. "That is she."

He left Fristo alone at the wall.

Zoar flew across the sky towards Pelleezeea. She had to arrive quickly. If Fristo was he, she had to tell him something. Silently she prayed to the elders that she would arrive and Skeletor would not attack Grayskull while she was away.

-------------------------------------------------

Fristo stood at the Wall of Remembrance. The woman on the wall looked like Teela, but he knew it wasn't. "Teela-Na."

"I didn't think you would remember."

Fristo turned, but instead of the woman he remembered, stood the Sorceress. "Who are you?"

Suddenly a golden light covered the woman and in her place stood the woman he remembered.

"Teela-Na, you're the Sorceress."

"Yes."

"Then Teela is.."

"Yes, but she mustn't know. You cannot tell her. She will learn it when it is the correct time."

Fristo sighed. "I'm sorry I left."

"When you left I had to return to Grayskull."

"Teela-Na?"

Teela-Na walked towards him. "We can not be together. I must remain in Grayskull to protect it from Skeletor."

"I understand and I won't tell Teela. What about Duncan?"

"No, he has done us both a great services. He should not learn it yet."

Fristo smiled. "Duncan would rub it in about this."

Teela-Na smiled. "Yes, he would. I must go. I cannot leave Grayskull for long."

Fristo nodded. "Can I come to see you time to time?"

"Of course. I would like that. It does get lonely inside Grayskull."

Teela-Na transformed into Zoar and flew away. Fristo watched as she flew away.

Fristo returned to the Palace. The Masters were happy to see him. Fristo hugged Teela, his daughter.

"We were worried, Uncle."

"I'm sorry, Teela. I had to discover something for myself."

Teela smiled. Fristo glanced up at Zoar perched on a statue looking down at him and their daughter.

"Come on, Teela. I'm hungry."