Prepare and Hiding

Episode 7: Prepare and Hiding

The Palace of Eternia was in an uproar. Everyone who could was evacuating. King Randor stood next to Man-at-Arms. He watched as another ship left the Palace.

"It doesn't matter where we go. He will find us."

"True, My King."

Randor glanced at his wife. She refused to leave. Even she knew if she fled Hordak would find her. No one was safe. He could only imagine the pain and guilt He-man was feeling. He-man and Man-at-Arms had tried to prevent this and had failed. Both had to be under a lot of guilt.

Man-at-Arms watched as Adam came out of the Palace with Cringer. The Prince and he both felt guilty about this. Their failure was going to cost everyone greatly. He nodded farewell to his friend, his king, and walked towards Adam.

Adam looked up at Man-at-Arms. The two looked at each other. Man-at-Arms walked past him. Adam followed him with Cringer on his tale.

---------------------------------------------------

The Sorceress of Grayskull stood looking out a window. Clouds were gathering. She feared Hordak would attack Castle Grayskull first. She believed he would return to fix his failure. The place where he had been defeated. The world had changed much since he had been on it, but if Evil-lyn told him. All would be lost.

------------------------------------------------

Adam and Man-at-Arms stood inside the workshop. Man-at-Arms glanced at him.

"I feel horrible."

"Adam."

"We could have stopped this, but we didn't."

"We can't be for sure."

"If I hadn't met with Skeletor, I could have stopped her."

"Adam, watch it."

Adam sighed. "Sorry."

"I think our friend will be needed. The Sorceress wishes to speak to you."

"She must hate me."

"No, He-man needs to speak with her."

Adam nodded and went behind the workshop to transform.

------------------------------------------------------

Hordak stood inside Snake Mountain. He listened as Evil-lyn gave him a quick update on the planet. All he wanted to know was what had happened to Grayskull's power. His power could stop him.

"What of King Grayskull?"

Evil-lyn looked at him. "I don't know of whom you speak."

Hordak nodded. The people of this time had no idea about him. So most could not know about the castle. "What about Castle Grayskull?"

"It still stands. Skeletor has been attacking it in hope of gaining the Elders' powers."

"Elders?" Hordak began to pace.

"They ruled over Eternia for as long as we can remember."

Hordak stopped and looked at Evil-lyn. "Who rules now?"

"King Randor."

"Randor. Hmm. That is an interesting development." Hordak tapped a finger on his chin. "Tell me does Randor have any children?"

"A son."

"Hmm." Hordak smiled. "Thank you, Evil-lyn."

Evil-lyn nodded and left Hordak inside the Throne room.

"Shadow Weaver, what do you think?"

A woman draped in red with her face hidden came out of the shadows. "I don't trust her. She wants power. My Lord, I believe the child would be excellent to lead the first charge. Are we attacking Grayskull?"

"Not yet. I want more information. I don't believe there is anything inside the ruin."

"Very well. Should I prepare her?"

"Yes. Prepare her."

Skeletor and his remaining forces hide inside a cave. A cave he had never shown Evil-lyn. They hide in fear of Hordak. Of course, Skeletor was hiding so Hordak could not kill him.

----------------------------------------

He-man stood inside Castle Grayskull. The Sorceress smiled at him. "No one blames you. You did the best you could."

"Sorceress, King Grayskull died sending Hordak to Despondos."

"He-man, do not fear. We will find a way to return him to where he came from."

He-man hung his head. "It is my fault."

"No, He-man, it is not. But we must be on alert. I don't know where he will attack first. He may come here to Grayskull first. Being this is were he failed."

"Sorceress, I need help."

"I know."

The Sorceress watched as He-man and Battlecat left. She knew he needed help, but how to tell him that the ones who could help him the most were not on this world. Then she felt a familiar presence on Eternia. One of the lost princesses had returned home.

----------------------------------------------

Shadow Weaver nodded as Force Captain Adora walked through the portal.

"Come with me, Adora. I will tell you Lord Hordak's plan."

"Very well."

Adora followed Shadow Weaver. Her blonde hair bounced around her shoulders. Shadow Weaver led her to a corridor.

"Lord Hordak wishes for you to lead an attack on the Palace of Eternia."

"I do as he wishes. When does he wish us to attack?"

"In a few days. He wishes to learn more. He has not been to this world in a long time."

"Understood, Shadow Weaver."

"Good. You may return now, Adora."

Adora nodded and walked back to the portal. She walked thorough back to where she had grown up.

Adora stood in front of Catra and Scorpia. She told them of Hordak's plan and ordered them to ready troops. Because they were below her, the two women did, as she told them, but not happily.

Adora sighed. She worried that this planet would be like Etheria. Rebels would fight against them preventing them from rescuing them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Palace prepared for battle. He-man stood with the forces of Eternia. King Randor prayed they had a chance against Hordak and his army.

Queen Marlena stood inside the throne room. She prayed that her daughter was safe.

He-man stood next to the other Masters preparing for battle.

Skeletor hid like a coward with his forces.

Hordak stood inside Snake Mountain pacing. Deciding how best to attack the Palace.

The Sorceress stood inside Castle Grayskull. She felt a fear she had never felt before. If Hordak got the Power of the Elders all would be lost.

Force Captain Adora readied her troops waiting for Hordak's word. Not knowing she was about to attack her own family and people.