37

"I-I can't feel my legs"

Hope's POV

"Aiden honey are you sure?" His mom asked I nod "maybe it's just not alive yet" I said Aiden shakes his head his eyes turns purple

"I can't feel my legs dammit!" He calls out I was taken back "Aiden you have to try please come on," I said Robert and I help him up

He could stand "alright feel anything?" I asked I shakes his head "let's try walking" my dad said Aiden tried moving his legs but failed my dad hurry to him as we help him sit back down.

My dad sat down in front of him tapping on his leg moving his leg. I stood there chewing my freaking fingers off.

"I'm sorry Aiden but you can't walk so, for now, you have to use this," my dad said walking to a closet and brings out a wheelchair I look at Aiden and walk to him sitting next to him holding his hand.

Aiden sighed and nods to sad to care my dad pulls me aside "why can't he walk?" I asked my dad looks at Aiden then back at me "He used his power but something might have gone wrong I don't know it affected him" he said my eyes widen I gasp.

"It was my fault," I said he shakes his head "no-no-"

"Dad I could've killed Grant... Urghh why was I so stupid I didn't think" I cried he pull me in for a hug "it's my fault he can't walk," I said

...

Brian's POV

A few months later

I can't take this... Aiden is like a zombie he doesn't talk he doesn't eat same for Hope she is depressed because she broke the stone which might have affected Aiden and after telling her over and over again that it's not her fault she keeps saying it...

Mia goes to Hope all the time but Mia says she only sits on the couch and watches tv all day she visits Aiden a few times but she puts a face on for him she isn't herself with him cause she is disappointed that this happened and that she let this happened.

Today I'm going to Aiden like I always do I knocked on the door "it's open" he said I opened the door and saw Aiden in the kitchen he rolls his way to me "how are you feeling?" I asked he sighed "are we doing this again, Brian I'm fine," he said I rolled my eyes "he's actually improving," Robert said coming out of the bathroom.

"Improving ?" I asked Aiden smiled and with Robert's help he stood up he was strong enough to stand on one side.

"It's a feeling of a tingling on the one side the other one not so much," he said I was impressed "Wow Aiden this is amazing!" I said "you look like a pirate," I said he chuckled.

"where's Hope she usually comes this time, she's gonna be so happy," he said I sighed

"That's why I'm here," I said ...

He looks at me confused "what happened what's wrong?" He asked I sighed "she isn't herself she fakes being happy when she's with you because..." I stop Aiden was confused waiting for me to finish

"Because?" He asked I looked at the floor then at the wall

"because what Brian?" He asked

"She blames herself... She doesn't eat, she just watches tv when someone wants to talk to her she throws stuff at them, she says she broke the Gem that it's her fault you can't walk" I said

The expression on his face was unreadable it looked like shock, sadness, and pure heartbroken

He was searching for words "take me to her" he said I sighed 

"I think we should give her time to" 

"Take me to her Brian please," he said I sighed I got Aiden in the car plus his wheelchair

Driving to Hope felt so weird "why haven't you told me this?" He asked I nod keeping my eyes on the road. "We thought that you two have been through enough that we can handle this while you rest," I said he looks out the window. We arrived at the house luckily Mr. Dale was out he has been working night shifts with Christmas coming he is super busy.

I didn't even knock we just went in me of course walking in front that's till I heard a plate break "can YOU just LEAVE ME ALO-" Hope's voice boomed through the living room she shouted as she walks but stopped when she saw Aiden... she was holding a cup aiming at me.

"Aiden? W-ehat are you doing here?" She asked he smiled "Brian can you give us a-" I immediately turn around walking out with Robert.

Aiden's POV

"Brian can you give us a-" He immediately turn around walking out with Robert.

I look back at her and roll my wheelchair to her "come on we need to talk" I said she sits on the couch.

"What's wrong?" She asked I look at her with a -are you serious right now- look "Hope why didn't you tell me?" I asked she sighed "tell you what I am fine," she said I sighed "it wasn't your fault Hope," I said quickly

At first, she was surprised by the sudden change of sentence

"Aiden I could've killed you..." She said I smiled "it wasn't the Gem that did this," I said she was confused "then what did?" She asked I nod "it was my power I was so mad that when someone tried to hurt you that it took over somehow it damaged my spinal cord and it won't heal and yeah but hey you shouldn't beat yourself up like this," I said she looks down.

"but hey I have good news..." I said she looks at me "yeah what?" She asked she was confused when I asked her to stand I finally got up luckily Hope was here to help me stay up then I did it I walked... Well, sort of I limped cause I couldn't feel the other one she gasp "oh my word Aiden!!!" She exclaimed hugging me I smile taking in the sweet scent of her hair... Apples her hair smells like apples and strawberries.

She pulls away "when did this happen?" She asked I sat down on the couch "a few days I've been practicing to surprise you" I said she smiles "well job well done I am surprised and I am so proud" she said I blushed this was still new for me, no one could ever make me blush except for Hope.

"Hey guys there was this package at our front door, it's for you Hope," Robert said she was confused and stood up opening the envelope

She reads through the paper and her eyes widen "what's wrong what is it?" I asked "I can't believe this!" She said excitedly

"What's happened?" I asked she smiles "I've been accepted I'm going to college!!!" She yells excited my eyes widen "what?!!" I asked she nods Robert hugs her "congrats sis," he said she smiles after hugging her he walked out she runs to me I hug her tight looking at the paper "See I told you, you could do it," I said she smiled

"I am so proud of you!" I said

She sat next to me her legs over mine "I don't know what I did to deserve you" I said she shakes her head "you're an angel from above love" I said knowing she'll blush. 

And in seconds there is was

And in seconds there is was... That blush and that giggle... I never knew how it felt to have someone that loves you for... You...