Chapter 2

{Amelia's POV}

Finally, school was over. The last day of this hell hole is done. I walk back home while playing 'School's Out' in my head. I get back to my house and I am greeted by my brother, Steven, who is already back home playing video games.

I take off my shoes and walk over to him.

"What's up, nerd?" I say.

"Nothing much, dweeb. Mom got us ice cream and it's in the freezer"

I immediately walked over to the freezer and gaze upon the wonderfulness. 3 gallons of ice cream. I couldn't be more at home. Just as I was gonna grab the mint chocolate chip, my brother stopped me. 

"She also said that we are having the Dalby's over tonight for dinner and are not allowed to eat it 'til then"

"Remember when you said that Backstreet Boys doesn't represent everything that happens in life?"

"Yeah"

I took out my phone and immediately started playing 'Quit Playing Games (With My Heart).

"Liar!" I shout as I increase the volume on my phone.

We both had a good laugh before my mom and dad arrived back at home with a buttload of groceries. My brother and I put away the groceries and then played Mario Kart. 

After we were both done playing video games I went to go clean up my room. While I was cleaning, I found all my old Pokémon cards and couldn't help nerding out. I decided I was gonna give it to two brothers that go to the dojo I train at in martial arts.

I finally finish cleaning my room and walk over to the gaming room and see Steven already setting up the games. I hear the door bell ring.

"I'll get it!" I shout.

I open the door and I am immediately greeted by Meters. In case you're wondering, he's my crush. Right behind him is his two brothers, Rogen and Rivera. 

"Hey, guys. Come on in."

The three brothers walk in and are joined by their parents. Rogen, Rivera and Steven start playing video games while Meters and I go in the living room and just watch TV and chat. 

"So," Meters begins "what are you gonna do over summer?"

"A lot of things. To sum it up, having a good times with my friends"

I was so nervous. In 6 weeks I had to tell him I like him. We have been friends since kindergarten. I couldn't stand what he would think. I had to get my mind of this.

"Hey, Meters. Do you want to go to the park? There's one less then a mile away,"

"Sure"

"You can ride Steven's skateboard and I will ride my scooter,"

"Sweet! Let's go tell our parents"

We tell our parents and make our way over to the park. We ride over to a table under some shade and just talk for a little bit.

"So what do you want to do here?" He asks

"I want to start a fire"

"A fire? That sounds a little illegal"

"You know how much of an Asian I am. I am only half Japanese, but I hardly take any risks. That is what I am doing this summer, so why not start now? Just a small fire though"

"Okay, let's do it"

"Sweet"

We grab some sticks and I remembered how to start a fire from Sixth Grade Camp. I did what I was taught and small flame appeared. It grew bigger.

"I CONTROL THE ELEMENTS!" I shout

We quickly throw some dirt on the fire and put it out. For a little bit we just talk and do stupid stuff. It started to get a little dark, so we decided to go back home.

Before we left, I got a call from Grace.

"Meters, go on without me. I got to talk to my friend. I'll be there a few minutes after you arrive."

"Okay, see you soon"

I answer the call.

"Hey, Grace! What's up?"

"Amelia, Shrimpster is at my house"

"What? How? I thought he was in jail! How did he escape? He's only 16!"

"I don't know, but I am really scared."

"Okay, calm down. Call the cops. I'll be there as soon as I can."

I text mom telling her I am going to Grace's house and start riding to her house. Fortunately, it is only 3 blocks away from the park.

Shrimpster is a criminal. Back in the 7th grade, he nearly killed Grace. Luckily, Shrimpster got distracted and Grace was able to escape and call the cops. Shrimpster was supposed to be away for 7 years. It has only been one. Something was definitely wrong and I need to get to the bottom of this.

I finally get to Grace's house and it is surround by officers. Shrimpster was nowhere to be seen. A few hours have gone by and he cops left. I went back home with Grace and told everyone what happened. They tried to calm her down and they broke out the ice cream.

The Dalby's left and Grace was gonna stay the night. 

"Are you alright, Grace?"

"I will be. I need some rest. Good night"

"Good night"