Week 3, Day 2

Grace's POV

"Naruto!" I called out suddenly. I was in a grassy field while wearing a kimono. "Come back! We must save Yato from Viktor and Yuri or else Sebastian will take over the world!"

Naruto paused. He turned around and faced me. "I can't do it without Haruhi." He told me gravely, his face full of sadness.

"Why not me?" I asked. It looked like he was considering it. "Why can't I go? I'm a celestial wizard, I can help."

"Because," he started, looking at the ground. "I care about-"

"Wake the fuck up, Grace!" Someone yelled at me.

I opened my eyes and was face to face with Amelia. "What?" I asked. "It's 5 AM. Let me sleep!"

"We have to climb Mt. Fuji today!" She reminded me.

"I don't want to!" I complained.

Before I could cover myself in the blankets, she pulled me off the bed, into the bathroom and threw my clothes on me.

After mentally planning her death, I took a shower and changed my clothes.

Everyone else was ready in their hiking gear, and we took off. We took a train as close as we could to the mountain.

For 2 hours straight, we walked up with occasional breaks.  Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. "Uhhh," I complained. "Can we stop?"

"Seriously?" Amelia asked, as we stopped walking and pulled to the side of a trail. "We've only been walking for 2 hours."

"That's the point!" I exclaimed. "We don't even have ramen up here!"

"Did somebody say 'ramen'?" A strange voice asked.

We all turned. There was a girl with blonde hair standing at an entrance of a cave. "Because, I have ramen."

My eyes widened in joy as I ran towards the cave. Before I got there, someone tugged on my shirt and pulled me back. It was Max. "What did we say about running into strangers' caves?" He asked me.

"Don't go into strangers' caves," I mumbled. "But she has ramen!"

"Don't worry!" The girl called to us. "How about you all come in so you can watch your friend?"

They all reluctantly walked into the cave with me. It was a beautiful cave. There was a T.V. a minifridge, a giant couch and a bed.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I have enough ramen," she frowned at the floor.

"Well, what do you have?" I asked, trying not to get my hopes up.

"Only 17 bowls of barbeque pork ramen," she said, unimpressed with her self.

"YUSSSSS!" I cheered. "Where?!" I asked, maybe a little obsessive.

"Right here," she stepped to the side and revealed 17 perfect bowls of barbeque pork ramen sitting on a table. She handed me chopsticks.

I was about to dig in when Max took the chopsticks away from me. "What did we say about eating strangers' ramen in their caves?"

I sighed. "Don't eat strangers's ramen in their caves." I looked at the ground sadly. I pleader with my eyes to the others. It looked so good. Even Amelia wasn't gonna have some. She's Japanese for God's sake!

"We're gonna get going." said Puma, grabbing my arm and dragging me off the chair and on to the cave's rocky ground. He eventually let me go when we got out of the cave and left our stranger standing at the entrance. We walked another hour up, a little closer to the summit. My stomach started growling and Amelia threw beef jerky sticks to answer my whining.

After yet another hour, we finally reached the top of the mountain. I didn't realize how worth it was to climb the mountain. How worth it was to skip the meals. How worth it was to endure the hard labors on my flawless legs.

Please note the sarcasm. I yelled at Amelia the whole way down and pissed off some bird watchers. They started cussing at me in Japanese and Amelia happily translated. 

We were half way down the mountain when I heard a familiar voice. "Who wants ramen?! Get some ramen!"

We immediately recognised the voice. The stranger was shouting at yet another cave. Barbeque Pork Ramen was sitting on a table placed next to her.

I turned to the others. "If this isn't a sign for the heavens, I don't know what is! Please, let us make haste to the ramen!"

"Fine!" Amelia exclaimed. "I give up! We can eat the ramen! Yo, strange lady! How much does the ramen cost?"

"It is free, young traveller. For your time spent here pays for everything." She bowed.

Suflé shook her head. "This is why we shouldn't exercise and explore nature."

"Exactly," Max agreed as we all made our way into the new cave.

It looked very similar to the last one, except for the size and shape. She sat us down at a long, rectangular dining table.

As much as everyone else tried to show their disgust, they clearly enjoyed the ramen in front of them.

"So," the girl gathered everyone's attention. "What brings you to this great nation?"

"We're doing a bunch of activities and stuff because Amelia here is probably depressed and we want to make the summer last." Highlighter explained.

"Oh, of course," the girl nodded. "And which one is this Amelia?"
Everyone pointed to Amelia. "Ah, I see. The lady with the stick up her ass."

Everyone accept attempted to stifle a laugh while Amelia scowled. I laughed loudly in between eating my ramen.

After 5 minutes, I finished my first bowl and was given another from the owner of the cave. "Thank you so much for this," I said cheerfully.

"No problem, young one," she said. "Your journey will always be rewarded by the power of ramen."

"That," I pointed in her direction. "Is a motto that I can live by."

"Hey, thank you," Max said, smiling sincerely. "This has been amazing."

"No problemo," she said. "I'm always here if you need me."

"Guys," Amelia said. "It's about time to go. Lady, you're crazy, but you're awesome. We really appreciate it."

She simply smiled at all of us and we left. Our hearts feeling a little more empty.

We arrived at the hotel after marching down the mountain.
The beds were comfortable on our sore muscles.

Tomorrow would be an even better day.