After So Long

December 24 6:03. p.m.

Ages

Cream: 11

Amy: 15

Sonic: 18

Shadow:? (ultimate lifeform *immortal)

Tails:13

Cream's P.O.V

Since Christmas was tomorrow, I wanted to stop by Miss Rose's to deliver her present. I got her a pink and yellow charm bracelet with all of her favorite things like an ice cream cone, a high heel, and of course, a Sonic logo.

Anyways, I found myself in front of her house which was a 2-story town-house with the color scheme of white and cream. She always had her garden of red roses and tulips in good shape and her yard looked amazing as always. But something seemed wrong....

I knocked on the door to announce my presence, waited patiently for a few seconds then knocked again. Nothing. "Miss Rose?" I shouted. I decided to use the key she gave me incase something was the matter, which in this case, I believed was true. I twisted the door knob and walked in. "Amy?!" I shouted a little louder. No answer. I walked around the house to see if she was anywhere but she wasn't.

I stopped in her kitchen and found a folded piece of paper with the words, To My Dearest Friends, I set her gift on the counter and unfolded the note slowly and silently...

Dear Friends,

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and now I have finally done it. Yes I've ran away from Station Square . I did not tell anyone knowing that if I did, some of you were bound to stop me. Yet I did not run away because of unhappiness or any depressing matter, I ran away to get better at combat and most important, find love. I know it took me awhile to admit that Sonic clearly has no interest in me, but now I think it is time to move on. Please know that I plan to return but it will not be as soon as you guys might hope, but I will return. I love all of you so much and please to not be saddened of my absence. Have fun for me...

XOXO Amelia Rose

I stared at the piece of paper and tried to process it all. I let a few tears fall before leaving her gift and sprinting out her door. I found one of my nearest friends houses and knocked on the door rapidly. Tails and Sonic. Tails opened the door quickly to find me sobbing a pool of tears. "Cream?! What's the matter? Are you hurt? Did something happen!?" Tails shouted. I tried to talk through my tears but all I could get out was, "S...she's r...r...really gone!!!"

Tails quickly guided me inside and onto their leather couch in the living room. Sonic ran out of the kitchen to see what was going on. I was still crying as if somebody died. "Cream, breathe and please tell us why you are crying!" Sonic reasoned. "I will go get you some water" Tails volunteered as I watched him get up from the couch and walk into the kitchen. "In the meantime, you can tell me why you are crying, Cream" Sonic said as he wrapped his arms around me for comfort.

"W...well, I stopped by Miss Rose's house to deliver her Christmas gift, but when I knocked, no one answered and I got a strange feeling. So I used the keys that she gave me and went inside only to find this note on her kitchen counter. I handed the note to Sonic so he could read it.

Sonic read the note. Set it down on the the table and stared at the wall with a confused look on his face. "Why?" he asked. "Why coudn't she at least let us know of her THOUGHTS about running away like this!" he was now on his feet pacing around the fairly large livingroom. I sat silently thinking on Sonic's question.

Tails came back in the room with a glass of ice water in his right hand and a concerned look on his face. "Who ran.." Tails started but was cut-off by a clearly upset Sonic.

"What the fuck is she thinking? There is plenty of people to learn combat and apparently "find loveee" in Station Square!" Sonic yelled.

"Sonic, please watch your mouth, as we have a guest..." said a stern Tails.

"I'm sorry, I'm just still in shock that Amy would just up and leave without informing any of the team" Sonic replied. "Wait, Amy ran away? For combat and love?" Tails asked putting the information together. "Sadly, yes" I muttered. I twiddled with the ribbon on my dress.

"Well we have got to inform the rest of the team about this..." Sonic said cooling down a little. "I'm sure they would be suprised as much as I was" he finished. I watched as he grabbed his iPhone and started to dial numbers and informing the team about Amy's absence.

I looked back at Tails who was reviewing the note. "Sadly, she didn't leave the location of where she was going, and searching for her would be pointless seeing as she wanted to leave for good purposes. Stopping her would just make us bad friends and get in the way of her life. All we can do now is hope for the best for her and wait for her return..." Tails spoke softly. I didn't want to agree with the fact of not even looking for her, but I knew it was true. I guess the Sonic Team was just going to have to do without a Piko-Piko Hammer swinging, pink haired, cheery, and happy-go-lucky hedgehog for awhile....

***PLEASE FOLLOW TO KEEP UP WITH THIS STORY, WILL POST CHAPTERS ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK, LEAVE ANY COMMENTS OR ADVICE THANKS!***