1. Broken

"Nobody said it was easy..."
- Coldplay, The Scientist

He closed his eyes. Enduring the igniting pain in his heart.

She cheated on him.

He kept asking himself, What did I do wrong?

They were already perfect. A perfect shade of color. Bright as the sun, dark as the night sky.

Each time he looked at her drowning eyes, it felt warm, so fuzzy, and calming. The color of her soul plays with his mind, giving him a picture of a empty canvas. His empty canvas. 

She painted colors to it, every stroke gave a luminous shade of hope to him, trying to piece every bit of him to be a perfect for her.

But the colors turned black.

She didn't even spared a glance to his burning eyes.

Her own princess didn't care, and had to kiss another Prince.

With trembling hands, he asked her:
"Are we done?"

She looked at his eyes, without a trace of a smile. He tried to find her colors, but there wasn't any left. There's no sparks and certainly no other shade of colors that she wanted to paint, but pure darkness.

"Yes, Alexander, we're done." she answers.

They're done.

And that's how Alexander end up lying in bed. Weak. Tired. Consumed by strong scent of alcohol and self-pity.

He was tired of everything. From his abusive parents, upto breaking up with the girl he loved more than anyone else.

No one loved him, no one did, except Flora.

But now, no one really cared.

Then, dark thoughts consumed him. He wanted to end all this, slowly, an image of him laying on his own pool of blood formed to his mind. He was eager to do that now, just as his eyes tried to find his combat knife.

But before anything, he just had to say goodbye. Getting his phone out of his pockets, he dialed Flora's number. Even though he felt dizzy, and his hands won't even manage to stay calm, he dialed her number.

"H-Hello?"

"F-Floraa, i-is that y-you?"

"Oh! A-Actually, I-"

"H-Heey... I won't make this long but... I just want to say sorry, if... I wasn't enough for you. I'm so bad. I-I need to e-end everything. Sorry if I wasn't--"

"OH MY GOSH! Don't! Don't you dare kill yourself!"

"...I have too, Flora."

"Umm... This isn't Flora."

"W-Who is this?"

"The name's Cassandra."

"Oh... sorry. Wrong--"

"Please sir, don't end your life! You are given a chance to experience hardships, friendships and happiness and don't let that chance be gone!"

"I don't see why not... All life gave me was hardships anyway. And I'm not liking it anymore."

"You forgot friendships and happiness as a matter of fact. I'll show you that if you want, just please, don't end your life just now"

". . ."

"Please?"

". . ."

"What's your name?"

"... Alexander."

"Alright... Alexander, just hang in there and tomorrow, I'll call again and show you how wonderful life can be."

"How can I be sure?"

"W-We're the same. I was a lost girl back then, and now you're a lost boy..."

She hangs up the call. The last line made Alexander's pale lips curl into a smile. 

But from all that, she was right... 

He is a lost boy.