3. Stupid

"The worst things in life come free to us"
Ed Sheeran, The A Team

°°°°°°°

As usual as his weeks are, he woke up at 6 in the morning to prepare for another day, but this day was different. He was excited, his mind rambling on and on and on about Cassandra.

Is she beautiful? A nerd? That queen bee? Or a diva?

He doesn't know, even his abnormally beating heart.

Well, that's not the only reason why his heart would dance like crazy. He knows he'll see her again. Flora.

He has so many questions unanswered.

Why did she do that to him? Did he made her jealous? Did she got bored of him? Is his love wasn't enough for her?

What happened?

When he got dressed, he grabbed his phone and bag before locking his room and went to school.

- - -

He enters class just as Mr. Lynch discusses the table of elements to his classmates. Their eyes quickly went to his figure, and so as the teacher's, disbelief already on his face.

"Ah... Mr. Collins, you're 5 minutes late."

"Sorry sir, won't happen again."

"Like it wouldn't." The teacher mumbled, but nonetheless, he motioned him to sit beside Flora.

He remembered she was her science partner for their experiment that Mr. Lynch announced a few days back. They will do it today, as he adds that up.

He sat beside her, but she never spared a glance at the boy. Not even a millisecond.

He kept quiet, trying to compose himself.

After a roughly 30 minute discussion on how the experiment will be, partners went to tables to do the activity, and that applies for the two too.

The air was silent between them. Only they would ask questions relating to the problem and each had different task. Alexander couldn't quite understand the behavior of the girl.

As if the years they've been together was only an imagination.

She didn't look hurt, or affected by her confession but she looks bothered.

The boy couldn't couldn't keep it in, so he finally asked.

"What happened, Flora? What happened to us?"

Alexander || Flora

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? We're literally happy a few days back but this happened... I can't understand."

"I already told you. We're done."

"But why?"

"Would you believe me if I tell you that... I just don't love you anymore?"

The boy couldn't even keep a proper eye contact with her. It's like the words were rocks being thrown at him. He felt the sudden anxiousness creeping inside him, with the curiosity of how it all happened.

"... A-And y-you found someone else?"

"Yes."

His breath hitched.

"And now you just going to forget the years we've been together?"

"I already said what I need to say Alex. I know -"

"But I'm in pain! I can't understand anything! Am I not enough?"

The girl stood frozen. Alexander was anticipating for an answer, but either way, it'll still hurt him.

"No. For someone else you might be..."

"You want me to move on?"

"Yes. I want you to find someone else."

"And pretend? That's so stupid!"

And just then, he storms off, hearing Mr. Lynch yell his name, but he didn't care, his ears heard more than enough. He went to his locker, and landed a hard punch from his right, as his eyes streamed down tears that he tried to stop, but the pain he felt when Flora say those words.

He sat on his knees, and stared at the locker in front of him, leaning on his own. His mind wandered off to fantasies as he closed his eyes when:

"Hey..." a girl with a ponytail and glasses spoke beside him. From her slightly

"What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing, I just want you to give this to you." The girl pulls out two bars of chocolate from her bag, and places it on Alex's lap.

He finally opens his eyes, and looks at the chocolates that the girl gave.

"Look, I don't need--"

"Think again, Sherlock!" She unties her hair, and curled red locks fell onto her shoulders.

"Cassandra?"