Chapter Six~

Zane slammed his locker closed, he was in a bad mood, he was embarrassed in front of the entire class.

He was going to hand in his test to the teacher when someone tripped him, causing him to fall right on his face. The entire class erupted with laughter, and the worst part, the teacher didn't do anything about it, he just sat back in his chair grading papers.

Zane didn't even bother handing in his test till the bell rang so that no one would do anything.

So that's why he was angry, who wouldn't be? Being embarrassed in front of the entire classroom would really do you in.

Zane sighed as he swung his bag on his shoulder before going off down the hallway. It was the end of the day and Zane had to wait for Garroth to be done with softball practice before Zane and Vylad were able to be picked up.

Zane pulled out his phone and checked the time, only two hours until their mom would be there so he just decided to sit outside and read.

He pushed open the doors to the outside area and jumps slightly when they slammed closed behind him.

Scoffing, Zane continued to walk outside, keeping his eye fixed to the ground.

Without him paying attention, he ended up running into someone. "Eh.. I'm sorry.." Zane muttered. "Well, well, looks like someone is just looking for trouble.." He heard someone say. He looked up to see Gene standing there, a cigarette in his mouth.

"G-Gene!" Zane squeaked. "I thought I told you to stay away." Gene said. "I-I didn't know you were out here." Zane stuttered. "Sure." Gene said in a sarcastic tone.

"I.. Uh I need to go meet up with my brother.." Zane said as he tried to walk past Gene. "Oh no." Gene smirked as he grabbed Zane by the collar of his shirt, slamming him up against the brick wall of the school.

Zane yelled out as the sudden pain jolted through his back. "This is the last time I'm going to tell you.. I don't EVER want to see your face again, got it?" Gene spat. Zane frantically nodded before being dropped to the ground.

Gene smirked and walked away. Right when he left, Travis ran up. "Oh my gosh Zane are you okay?!" He asked. "Y-Yeah I'm fine.." Zane muttered, curling up into a small ball. "What're you doing out here after school?" Travis asked. "I could ask you the same." Zane muttered.

"I'm looking for my friend.. Okay now why are you?" Travis asked. "I'm waiting for Garroth to get out of Softball and Vylad to get out of the Mathletes.. Normally I wait with a teacher but she's not here.." Zane said, lifting his head up. 

"Oh.. Why didn't you just say so. Come on you can hang out with Dante and I." Travis said, holding out his hand. Zane hesitated before taking it.

Travis pulled him up and smiled before pulling him into the school.