Greet The Neighbors

The day started out, as usual. You started with your coffee, and your breakfast. You knew it was Saturday, so you had nothing to do. As usual it was your day off, and you decided to go on the internet. Though, half an hour later you were met with a knock on the door.

"Hello?" You heard a voice bellow at your doorstep, as it knocked again forcing you to get up and head to the door. You opened it, surprised to see the large monster before you, holding what seemed to be a flyer. "Oh- Hey?" You said, as the monster eyed you seeming a little friendlier than what you had heard, friendlier than most humans anyways.

"Ah, Hello! I am Asgore, and I decided to invite the neighborhood to my house for a small get together." He had told you, as he handed you an invitation. It was well done in fancy writing and what seemed to be gold or possibly something else? You had no clue. 

The large male Towered over you, awaiting a response. He seemed eager to get to know everyone in the neighborhood. You then thought for a moment, thinking it would be best for you to associate more with your neighbors. You didn't know much about the monsters, you heard about them but you honestly had no clue what you would  wear or even what you would do there.

"I mean, I don't know... Actually, you know what? Sure. I can come."  You said, as he then lit up. Seeming to be quite excited "Ah! Thank you, I am Asgore by the way." He said, holding out his hand, you awkwardly shook it being the introvert that you were. You then told him your name, in a response to his own name. 

"I hope to see you there, as the invite says the party will be next week, next Saturday at 5 Pm. I am glad to have met your acquaintance." He said, before the two of you parted ways. Going to the next house. You watched him leave, as you looked at your invitation, then going to your kitchen to hang it on the fridge as a reminder.

A few days pass, the seemingly disgruntled Goat knocks on your door. As you then answer. It was early in the morning, and he seemed a little bit anxious and overwhelmed. After getting up from your bed, you groggily went to the door. Answering it, you saw the tired looking male in front of you. 

"Hey, Y/n! Heh.."He said, as he greeted you. He had bags under his eyes from who knew what. "Hey Asgore. Are you okay?" You asked, looking at him, after rubbing your eyes. He seemed to be a bit disgruntled as he looked at you. "May I come in?" He asked, a bit awkward looking. But he still had his friendly looking demeanor. A hopeful smile placed on his face. 

You invited him in, allowing him to take a seat on the couch in your living room. "Soooo... Can I get you anything?" You ask, as he smiled, scratching the back of his neck. "Well... I need your help with something. I am... Not very accustomed to human culture. So I was wondering if maybe... You could help? I know, I may be coming out of nowhere. But I honestly think you were the nicest out of all humans I have talked to. The others would just lock their doors, or hide after seeing me. Eheh..." He muttered, as he seemed to get a bit down spirited about the whole get together. 

"Well. I'm sorry to hear that, but I guess I could help with that. What do you need explaining?" You asked, as you went to the kitchen. Pouring yourself a cup of coffee as he then got up and followed you, to continue his sayings. "Well, what do humans eat? What are bad words, you know like bad ones for them? Also, is there any theme of party they would prefer? Like themed?" He asked, being direct, and trying to be precise about what he wanted to know about. 

"I have an idea, since it's basically already summer. How about a barbecue?" You asked him, as he started to think for a minute. Trying to think of what this ancient Barbecue tradition could be. He imagined spear throwing, Tiki masks, and surfing. "You know, like grill a few hamburgers, hotdogs, steaks, porkchops, yadda yadda yadda. Assuming the fellow monsters of yours are meat eaters. I would also recommend salad or something for those who prefer vegan choices." You said, as he gave you a nod, showing he was paying attention. His hand stroking his beard in a thought process. 

"Oh, that sounds very nice. But. What about the words I should refrain from? Also, do you have any tea?" He asked, as you pulled out a box of vanilla tea. And started to make it. "Well, words are pretty basic. Just don't say: Fuck, shit, cunt, bitch, bastard, whore, or anything offensive like the n bomb." You put the tea bag in, and handed the large monster milk and sugar. "Here, I'm not sure of how you take your tea." You add, as you look at him. He was in a thought process.

"N bomb? You mean no? Thanks for the tea, by the way. But I am not allowed to say no? That sounds hard to put up with." He replied, as he dipped his tea bag into the hot water. Pouring in some milk and a tablespoon or two of sugar. "Nigger. The n bomb means Nigger." He said, knowing that since he was in need of help, you would probably need to tell him that. In case someone actually said that and he thought it was someone's name. 

"I understand, I will avoid those words." He sipped his tea, and tried to think of what it was. He enjoyed the change, but clearly nothing would beat the taste of his Golden flower tea. He smiled, and tasted it again, enjoying it as he then started to look at you. "I was wondering, would you know where I would be able to purchase those... Steaks, and burgers?" He asked, as you sat across from him sipping a bit of your coffee before putting it down. "I would suggest Walmart or maybe even Giant Tiger. It all depends, but yeah. You would be better off with Walmart. But it all depends." You continued on, with your ramblings, a s he smiled and laughed a bit. You looked a bit confused before he looked at you. 

"Well, I have no idea what one of those are..." He smiled, and tried to remain a bit perky to keep spirits up for his plans you then stretched a bit, before letting out a small yawn. "Ehhh... It's fine, I can drive you. If you want. But I'm kinda low on cash, so you can't like expect me to just buy the stuff too."  You said, making him seem to almost choke on his tea. "Oh, I would never do that! I just, really am new to the whole surface thing." He said,as you looked at him a bit, finding his gentleman complex to be almost amusing.

"I know, I was kidding." You responded. As he finished his cup. And went to place it in the sink. You returning to your cup of coffee as he then started to look around your house. Finding it full of life, he seemed to enjoy it. "So you live alone?" He asked, as you gave him a nod. "Yeah, I do. I just don't really associate with others much. You could call me an introvert, but I just call myself untrusting." You said, as he nodded, and began to laugh a bit. "You would be good friends with my Scientist Alphys. She is quite into the whole introvert jazz." He responded to you, smiling, finding conversation with you to be quite wonderful. Though he had just met you, he seemed to like you already.

"Well, we have like an hour before Walmart opens. So do you have any more questions?" You asked, breaking the silence as he smiled, closing his eyes and stretching. "Oh, I see. Well, it would be good to get to know you better." He said, as he seemed to relax a bit. You noticed he wore a very weird apparel. The large male wearing what seemed to be a regal looking cape, which covered him most of the time unless he was moving his arms around a bunch, which made you focus on his chest plate, and his pants. He seemed to be a king, he made it practically obvious he was some sort of royal figure.

"I have no idea what to ask. He said, as you looked him over. Making him seem a bit flustered, wondering what was making you give him the weird looks. You walked over to him, and lifted up his cape. "This is a problem. You stand out like... Well, a dog in a cat store? If that's a metaphor you are familiar with." You stated, making him calm down. He expected something far worse, and was relieved that you were not talking about his fly being down or his clothing being stained.

"Ah..." He motioned at his clothing, before he looked at yours. "Well, I do see how I am different." He agreed, as he pulled at your shirt, then immediately apologized upon seeing how nervous you got, Your whole face red, making him chuckle at the sight. "My apologies. So, any ideas on what you would think is more accustomed to your society?" He asked, as you then took a moment to think. He watched as you did so. "Well, you look like you walked out of some dark age systemic oppression. So that needs to change." You said, giving your honest opinion as he seemed to get a bit discouraged with himself. "Not to sound rude or anything, it just seems a bit over the top, for someone like me. But you should be you, this actually suits you well."

He seemed a little relieved, as he nervously laughed. "We should really get going, I would rather have everything  done than wait and be sorry later. You know?" He stretched, looking at you with his usual smile. Slowly starting to get up as he looked to you. Awaiting your response. 

"Yeah, I guess so. But you should know, our currency is probably much different than what you used to use." You said, in a hopes of solving a problem before it happened. Of course he smiled and laughed. "Silly, I already got my currency exchanged. The bank human was quite nice about it as well." He pat your head, laughing as he started to head out. You followed close behind, as you watched him wait beside your car, you unlocked it with the keys you had in your pocket. Getting into the drivers side as he got into the passenger side. 

"It's kinda cramped in here..." He muttered, as you looked at him. He was forced up against you, since he was trying to get comfortable. you noticed that he was getting closer and closer to you, as you started the car, he looked at you, staring a bit. Before nervously looking away. 

"You know you can fix that seat, right?" You ask, as he nods. Pushing his seat back and putting it down a little bit to fit himself better. "Ah, thank you." He responded, as you started to watch him fidget with his eat, before you lean over to properly adjust it. Looking at him, and buckling his seat belt for him. "I could have done that myself...." He said, his face blushing a bit red as he looked at you. Defeated by the seat as you rolled your eyes and laughed. "Sure, if you say so." You said, putting on your seat belt and driving off. The day was going to be quite eventful, that's for sure.

End of Chapter 1

((There you go, I noticed a few people were interested in this story, so I decided to do my best to fork out a chapter one as soon as possible. Next chapter will be shopping based, I hope you enjoyed the first one, as always leave a vote, and sub. You never know, I could have more stories you are into. Thanks for reading, and supporting. The next chapter will be out sometime soon ish but I do have exams coming up so please don't kill me. Anyways, bai))