Chapter 1 - Back home

Airport noises. Goodbyes and hellos. "Home sweet home", Kelly thought. She has been studying in one of the most prestige colleges in Australia and never has she thought she would be invited for the internship in the Sydney Archeological Museum. It costed her 5 years to live in a foreign country, when she thought it would be only 3, but it was totally worth it.

INT. Home
"Mom, dad, I'm home!", - Kelly shouted. No response. "Hm, that's weird", Kelly thought. As soon as the thoughts ran through her head she heard barking. Loud-loud barking. "So, their daughter has been gone for 5 years and they replaced her with a dog?", - she said. "Parents of the century, I must say".
Kelly missed this place. And everything is still at the same old places. "Hope the only thing that has changed is a dog in my house", - Kelly whispered knowing she was wrong.
"Kelly, sweetheart, you're home!", - Kelly's mom sounded surprised.
"Yeah, I told you I was coming, didn't I?", - Kelly answered.
"Oh, we must have forgotten, sorry. But we are glad you are home!".
"Well, me too. I noticed you got a dog. A Yorkshire terrier, smart move".
"Honey, you will always be our priority. We just needed to take care of someone while you were gone", - dad entered the conversation.
"Dad, it is okay, honestly. I'm shocked, but in a good way, I guess", - Kelly tried to sounded as calm and confident as she possibly could. She loved dogs, but she never thought about having one, for some reason.
After a long awkward silence Kelly decided to break it. "So, I'm starving, is there anything in the fridge?". Airport food was good, but her stomach was beginning for homemade anything.
"No, but we were about to go grocery shopping. Want to join us?", - her mom asked.
"I'm tired after a long flight, so I'd rather stay home. If that's okay", - Kelly was tired, but not too much. The only reason she didn't want to go was fear. Fear to run into someone. Someone she knew 5 years ago. Someone she cared about 5 years ago. Some people would think it is ridiculous, but not for Kelly. When she left, she was 18. She's now 23. God knows how people change, and God knows that Kelly did change herself.
For the past years she has been away, Kelly hasn't kept in touch with anyone, not even her parents. The only exceptions would be greetings type of messages. But in the past 2 years she hasn't texted anything to anyone.

"Okay, so you will be home? Or?", - dad asked.
"Or?", - Kelly sounded surprised.
"I thought maybe you would want to go out and see friends", - dad knew it was a soft spot.
"Em... maybe", - Kelly didn't feel like continue talking about it.

Kelly Mellon - 23-year-old who is scared to text her friends. "It's not hard Kels, you can do it", - she tried to comfort herself, but no success.

Right after that she heard her phone ringing. She didn't think someone rather than her parents would call her, so Kelly picked up without hesitation. And that's when she was wrong.