Chapter 4 - Jess & Kelly 2

Jessica was deep into stories, adventures and everything she has experienced for the past 5 years, but Kelly couldn't get out of mind that Eric moved on, so many questions she wanted to ask, but she was too afraid.

"So, Kelly about the party, I asked the guys and they are free tonight, everyone wants to meet you", - Jessica said.
"Tonight? You mean tonight tonight? Ugh, I don't know, are you sure they want?", - Kelly couldn't even imagine seeing her best friend so soon, not even saying about the rest.
"I told Greg you are in town, he missed you, therefore he scheduled his time, not that there was too much to schedule, but anyways...".
"What about Eric?", - there, Kelly said it.
"Of course, he would never miss it..., wait, you didn't think he wouldn't come, did you?", - Jess asked as if it was something surreal.
"Why? Maybe he's still angry or something, I don't know", - Kelly tried to protect herself.
"Honey, he let you go and persuade your dreams. It was his choice. Don't worry about him, he's doing alright".

As soon as these words came out of Jessica's mouth, Kelly's heart skipped a beat. Why he's doing alright? Why he moved on? She knew it was the most arrogant questions, but she stilled thought about it. Kelly knew it was wrong, but you can't just turn off your feelings.

5 years ago:
"Hey, do you have a boyfriend?", - Georgina asked. Georgina was Kelly's friend at college, they had almost every class together, so they couldn't avoid each other.
"It's complicated", - Kelly answered.
"Complicated? It's either yes or no, was so hard about it?", - Georgina asked stubbornly.
"I do", - Kelly said meaning it.
And since then, everyone in college thought Kelly had a boyfriend and she was fine with it. So never really moved on.

"Earth is calling Kelly Mellon, hello?", - Jessica noticed her friend dreaming.
"Sorry, what were you saying?", - Kelly lost the conversation for a moment.
"What about tonight? Do you want to see the squad?", - Jessica wasn't sure if the party was a good idea at all now.
"Sure, I want to see everyone. I think we have a lot to tell each other. And I'm still waiting for the whole Jess and Greg thing from the very beginning", - Kelly felt like she can't hide from the past anymore.
"Alright, then Greg is going to pick us up. I'm excited!".
"Me too", - Kelly tried to say it happily.

Kelly was excited too. She wanted to see Greg, even though they have never been besties, but they spent a lot of time together. All four of them. Immediately, in Kelly's mind flew flashback from when she was sitting at the tribune watching Jessica supporting the team, the boys playing football, it all was so heartwarming that she almost cried, but Kelly knew she can't, because her best friend would ask questions that Kelly didn't have answers for.

Tonight she'll meet Eric. Her love, her soulmate, her best friend. Kelly knew it would be challenging, because he moved on and she didn't. Somehow she though she would never see him again, but Kelly Mellon believed she has to.