Chapter 3 - Jess & Kelly

Kelly didn't sleep well, she couldn't get out of her mind that in less than 24 hours she is going to meet someone whom she knew since 4 years old. Kelly was excited, but at the same time scared. "What if we lost our connection? What if she has another best friend? What if, what if...?", these thoughts have been running through her head the whole morning. Until...

Doorbell rings. "Well, it's now or never", - Kelly said confidently and opened the door. Jessica looked as flawless as she has always been. Captain of the cheerleaders, the most popular girl in school, and yet, she wasn't a stereotype.

"I can't believe that I'm actually seeing you... after all these years, Kelly...", - Jessica tried to keep herself together, but she couldn't manage it and dropped some tears.
With no words, Kelly hugged her friend and in that moment she didn't want to let her go, in that moment she felt like she was always in LA, in that moment it felt like the old times.
"Let's grab some snacks and go upstairs, I think it's time to catch up, right?", - Kelly said smiling.
Jessica nodded and followed her best friend.

"So, fill me in with the news, how was LACC?", - Kelly asked to break the silence.
"It was the longest 3 years. I got degree in finance, the boys - in business. I didn't take any extra classes, but Eric and Greg did - football as if they were still in high school".
"Greg? I thought he was going to NYCC?", - Greg was always interested in NYC, so Kelly was surprised he changed his mind.
"Yeah, he wanted to, but decided not to. And I'm glad he didn't go there...", - Jessica suddenly blushed.
"Glad? Why? Jessica Carmen Schmidt, why?", - Kelly always loved Jess's middle name, sounded exotic.
"Well, all of us were sad because you left..., - Kelly's heart stopped for a moment, she still felt guilty for leaving, - so Greg and I started to spend more and more time together, because Eric was heartbroken, you know, and as a result we started seeing each other. We have been together for 4 years now.", - Jessica was grateful that she finally shared it with her girl #1.
"Wow. I'm speechless, I'm going to need more details! Greg and you? I thought you didn't like each other, because you were my friend and he was his friend...", - it was hard for Kelly to mention "his" name.
"Kells, it's been a long time, both of you have already moved on, you can say his name", - Jessica was confident in her words.
"Moved on? So he moved on? Oh okay", - thought Kelly, but instead she said, - "Yes, moved on, it's been a long time". And she lied.

For the past couple of years Kelly haven't thought about anyone from her hometown, she focused on her education, on something she knew was important at that time. But now? What is important now? Kelly knew she has to accept the fact that the love of her life moved on, it's been 5 years, of course he would. Moreover, he might have someone, he probably loves someone. Someone that is not her.