Chapter 2: Lock Down at School

School started like this: the bell rang and people went there classes; we said the pledge then started class; a announcement came over the speaker saying there was a hard lock down. The teacher turned off the lights, and everyone put their brightness on low so they could play on their phones. Tayha and I just sat in silence.

I was listening for any slight sounds: a foot step, a scream in the distance, or even a pencil dropping. I heard nothing but the tapping of people's fingers against their phones.

Then, there was something I wasn't expecting, there was a smell of blood. Fresh blood. I had no idea where it came from because there wasn't a gun shot. It could have come from a knife, but there wasn't a scream. Yes, it could have been a throat cut, but I would have heard a body fall to the ground. There was no explanation for this blood. I turned to Tayha, but she already knew what I was going to say. She was clairvoyant after all.

"Where do you think it came from," I asked her in a soft voice so I wouldn't get in trouble.

"I have an idea, but why would they... No it can't be that... Could it?" I had no idea where she was trailing off to or what she was even talking about. Tayha knew more about the supernatural than most in the supernatural community did. There were monsters that I had no idea were really until Tayha told me about them.

"What are you talking about, Tayha?"

"I have a hunch about what is spilling the blood. Can you tell whose it is?"

"All I know is that is human. That's good, I guess."

We sat in silence again for another five minutes until a guy burst through the window of the door to our class room. He was tall, thin, and very pale. He was almost see threw. The one thing was that I knew him. His name was Luke Jenkins, a sophomore that was on my brothers team. He seemed so nice, but know he was homicidal.

Once Luke got up he looked at all of us cowering in the corner of the class room. Blood was all over his face. He waited one second, then lunged for all of us. But, before he could reached us, he was down on the ground screaming out in pain grasping his head. It looked as though his brain was committing suicide on him. He just rolled around on the ground screaming. I turned to look at Tayha, but she was starring at Luke deep in thought while everyone else was crying. She was doing it. I just turned back to look at Luke and smiled because I knew he wouldn't be able to harm us.

A swat team at one point came in in Luke's screaming fit and shot him dead in the head. It was all over. For now.