Chapter 4: The Terror of Wolves

First, let me explain my family. I am the fourth of five children. In order this is how my siblings goes, Timothy (age 25), Derynn (age 18), Samuel (age 15), Lorna Cheyenne (age 15), and Aurora (age 13). My mother is Gemini Grace, and my father is Davidson. I never knew my grandparents on both sides.

I live in a small community of fifty people in Violet Hills. Our leader is Adelwolf Lycanus, and his wife is Symphony. Together they have two children, Luna (age 16) and Athelwolf (age 25). These are pretty our pack leaders and the most important people in the pack. They are strong, cunning, and down right stupid. Plus, Symphony is pretty much our well known slut.

On full moons and new moons, the community and my family go out into the woods and transform into wolves. Yes, I am a werewolf, but I think you could guess that by now.

Anyways, there is a legend about how we got our powers. About three thousand years ago, the moon goddess, Artemis, granted her most trusting followers the gift of the moon. We would be her warriors and worshippers. With the gift of the moon came even more powers like strength, rapid healing, and super senses.

But, it also brought humans that were jealous and hated us for what we could do. This lead to families hunting us to extinction. Many of my ancestors died because of them. Now, we stay hidden and kill the humans that find out what we are. It is the terrible truth.

Of course, Tayha knew exactly what I was once she saw me. Not because she is clairvoyant, but because she saw my eyes. Sometimes I can't control my pulse causing me to 'flash' my eyes. One thing about werewolves is that we all about the same eye color. Except for me. I have silver eyes, but I will get back into that later.