Breakups and Breakdowns

"M'lady? Are you alright?" Asked Chat Noir.

"N-no. Y-you can't be him!" Said Ladybug, desperately trying to recall any moment when the two were together. "I was with him when Volpina attacked!"

"Remember how I 'got lost'?" He admitted.

"B-but still!" She denied. "You're just some pun-loving, cheating, flirty cat! You can't be Adrien! He's too perfect!"

"Oh... I'm just some cheating cat, huh? Well, I guess you don't need someone like that as your partner."

"Chat, listen, that's not what-"

"NO! You listen, Ladybug! Ever remember how "Adrien" has had a crush on a mystery girl who no one knows?! That's you! I was falling for Marinette too, but I pushed her away because I felt like I was cheating on Ladybug! I've ALWAYS been loyal! How dare you think otherwise?!" With that he jumped off, leaving Ladybug still sitting in shock on top of the tower.

"He likes me, Tikki... All of me..." She muttered, still processing. "But I pushed him away! All because I was in denial that I might love him, all of him!"

She sat there and wept, not noticing Alya approach from behind.

"Ladybug?" The reporter asked. "Are you alright?"

"Get out, Alya..." She muttered.

"No. My camera is turned off. I'm here so you have a shoulder to cry on. You do so much for us, Ladybug. Let me return the favor." Alya held her breath, waiting for the reaction hopefully. After a moment, the heroine patted the spot where Chat Noir was just sitting, indicating for the reporter to join her.

"I'm here, it's okay." Alya said, hugging the girl. "Now, can you tell me what happened?"

"Where do I start...." With that, she explained what happened, leaving out what Alya could use to find their identities.

"Wow..." The reporter whispered. "You're really gutsy, Ladybug. Actually, your civilian self reminds me a lot of my friend, Marinette. But she's too clumsy to be a superhero. She's always late too." Alya snorted at an idea. "She could be a superhero, but she'd be so late, the akuma would have already won!"

Both girls laughed at the thought as Ladybug's earrings beeped. "I should go..." Alya said, getting up.

"No."

"What?!" The reporter exclaimed excitedly.

"I need you to see. I owe you that much."

"No, no, you don't have to, it means way too much. I haven't earned it, and besides, I don't really want to know..." The girl lied, ranting.

"I know that's a lie, Alya. Now keep your camera off and I'll show you. TIKKI! Spots off!" After a blinding flash of light, the two teenagers stood at the top of the tower, one sheepish and the other in shock.

"No. Freaking. WAY!" Alya exclaimed, throwing her arms around the girl. "Wait, so that means Chat Noir is..."

"Yep."

"Oh crap. Girl, you're screwed."