Chapter Fourteen

One Loss and a Gain: Chapter Fourteen  

----

Caroline Forbes lay on her pale bedspread, long stopped tear tracks down her cheeks. She had stopped crying ages ago and was now just lying, hands under her cheek, look straight ahead. She new that her being a vampire was bad, she never wanted it. Her being a vampire had made one of her best friends hate her and now her brother wanting her dead.

'He called me a monster,' Caroline thought, staring blankly at the white wall in front of her. It had on it a photo frame that had a picture of her, Bonnie and Elena. 'I am a monster.'

"Care?" Caroline only raised her eyes when her mum poked her head around the door. "Are you okay?"

Caroline shook her head.

"What's wrong honey?" Liz sits down on the bed, next to her daughter. "Sam isn't telling me anything. Did something happen between you and Dean?"
"I think he hates me," Caroline's tone was void of all emotions. "No, I know he hates me."

"Caroline," Liz looked at her, worry etched into her face. "Why would you think he hates you?"
"He said it," Caroline spoke venomously, her hollow voice was replaced with a sudden anger. 'Another amazing thing about being a vampire,' Caroline thought to herself sarcastically. 'Feeling everything ten times as much.'

"He said he hated you?" Liz straightened, looking at the door as if she was about to run to Dean and shoot him with the Taser she always had when she was on duty.

"Not exactly," Caroline shook her head, blonde waves falling in front of her eyes. She reached up and brushed them aside. "He thought I did something and that I had been doing it for a long time, but I hadn't."

"Why don't you tell him that?" Liz asked.

"I have," Caroline looked at her mum. "He doesn't believe me."

"Do you want to know something?" Liz leant down. "If you tell someone something enough, they may just start believing it to be true. Tell him again and if he doesn't believe you then tell him again, and again, and again. Tell him until he believes you and until he apologises for what he said."

"Okay," Caroline nodded.

"Why don't you go out for dinner tonight?" Liz suggested. "Ask Bonnie and Elena if they want to do something?"

Caroline suddenly burst into tears.

"Oh honey," Liz pulled her daughter into a hug and sat silently, rubbing Caroline's back. "Don't worry sweetheart it's going to be okay." 

----

Vote, comment, share. 

❉ deepdarkdreams ❉