20 Powerless

A/N: Hey guys, this chapter may be a bit of a bore as Chayn explains a past experience to Nyala, but it's important none the less :) Can't believe people are still reading this. Thanks a lot guys <3

፠CHAPTER TWENTY፠

I exited the office, and to my surprise, Chayn stood right outside, leaning onto the opposite wall, waiting for me to come out.

“What did she tell you?” His voice was rather blunt as he looked me in the eye.

“She reminded me of what a screw up I was, really.” I fiddled with the pendant that lay on my chest. “And of course, that you had something to tell me, though I presume you already knew that.”

“That’s it?” Chayn nonchalantly pushed himself off of the wall and walked towards me.

“She also mentioned…” I said, and took in a deep breath. “Sylvina.”

With a sigh, he hung his head and started to walk down the hall. “Let’s go.”

Based on his reaction, curiosity swept over me, and somehow I believe jealousy had slipped its way into my bundle of emotions as well. I didn’t like it at all. Not one bit. Pushing whatever thoughts I had out of my mind, I followed behind him obediently and silently until we finally found ourselves in my dorm.

“Are you feeling well?” Chayn asked when the door had been shut. “Hungry? Tired?”

I stood at the foot of my bed and laid a hand on the bed post, wondering where his sudden worrying came from.

“I’m good,” I shrugged. “As opposed to how I’ve been up until this point.”

“Good.” He stated and roughly gave my shoulder a shove, forcing me to plop onto the bed. “Because this is going to take up quite some time.”

I rolled my eyes and dropped my shoulders. Of course he wasn’t really asking because he cared, that wouldn’t make him Chayn after all. He landed on the bed himself, and folded his hands under his head.

“Sylvina.” He took a deep breath. “Where do I start with her?”

I swallowed deeply and watched as he stared at the roof of my dorm, thinking of what to say. My interest peaked, and I couldn’t bear the pace at which he was going.

“You can call her my ex, I guess.” The words I expected flowed from his mouth and I tightened my fists that lay on my lap. “I’ll cut things short. She was human. I was an angel. I fell for her. Literally. Left everything I had to be by her side…”

Just as I was beginning to wonder how he could’ve said all of that so casually, he trailed off again.

Finally sitting up and resting his elbows on his knees, he continued the story. “This isn’t a little cheesy romance bed time story that I’ll be telling you, by the way, Garmound. It leads to something important so pay attention. I wasn’t in Calambria at first. When I fell, they didn’t find out about me right away. I stayed with her, and when they did find me, I refused to go along with them. I gave them hell. She stuck with me the whole time and knew what I was. I was an idiot for that. I brought her here with me. I ruined her life, put her in danger all because I wanted to have her. A selfish move, I must admit but she didn’t fight it either. The only reason Beccam let her in was because she gave off a certain aura. There was something about her but it never clicked in any of us then. She was a normal human being, but she owned something very precious and I hadn’t found out until later on when she worked up the courage to tell me.”

“That pendant is hers.” He stared at it for a while. “It’s a very old power crystal that was passed down through her family and up to this day I have no idea how something like that ended up in the hands of a human. However, it belonged to her, because she knew just how to use it. Want to know how exactly she put that power to use?”