13 Chaos

A/N: I've been thinking, maybe I should change the 'description' since I somehow strayed away from the whole romance thing xD My bad... Do you think I should change the title, too? I don't know, we'll see where life takes me. Enjoy this chapter and thanks to all who read this far! 

*Chapter not proofread

፠CHAPTER THIRTEEN፠

After going through the big book of Calambria, I realised that Kaiti’s favourite book was missing. Had she secretly taken it with her? Or was that the book in Alerion’s hands right now?

Early the next morning, I practically waited for Kaiti to burst through my door.

“I’m sorry about yesterday!” I blurted out as soon as she entered my dorm.

“Nyala? It’s alright. What happened?”

“The spellbook. Do you have it with you?”

“Of course not. You know we’re not allowed to borrow them. Why?”

A chill ran up my spine. I knew very little about the short Alerion guy, but why in the world would he need to take the spellbook?

“Do you know a boy in our class named Alerion?” I questioned.

Kaiti scoffed and grinned. “Your number one fan, you mean?”

My number one fan? I had no idea he adored me that much. It felt rather weird.

“He took off with your spellbook yesterday. I’m pretty sure of it. We need to find him.”

Kaiti tapped my shoulder and laughed. “I’m sure that’s the librarian’s job, Nyala. They’ll probably just fine him, anyway.”

Of course, she didn’t know that something was going on. She had no idea that Senious still had contact with the people of Calambria. At least with me, he did. I shook my head to show her that I was serious about this one.

“Either way, he seemed very suspicious to me. Everyone knows that it’s forbidden for those of Campus A to do spells on their own.”

“Ahh, someone’s been reading up.” She eyed me and crossed her arms, soaking it all in.

“Will you help me find him?” I tried one more time.

She sighed, but held a smile on her face, anyway. “Fine, fine.”

After that, we split up and I made my way around Campus A while Kaiti checked around town. I checked the classrooms, but they were all empty seeing that it was Sunday after all. Then, I walked down each floor, as if I’d see him around.

Bumping into Chayn was the last thing I needed right there and then, but even so, there was a slight happy feeling in me to see him again. That all stopped, however, when he started talking.

“You! What are you doing lurking around here? I was looking for you in your room this morning.” He started.

I exhaled dramatically and rubbed my forehead. “I’m busy, thank you very much.”

“Busy with what? Planning an escape again?”

My hands balled into fists. Chayn hadn’t an idea what he was talking about.

“Have you been stealing?” he continued.

Stealing? Now where in the world did that come from?

“The Senious book I took to my room is gone. I told you not to touch it, but you just have to be so stubborn.”

“What?” I gasped. I didn’t take it, but I had a feeling I knew who did. “Can you spare me a moment and stop with the assuming? I haven’t done anything of that sort! You probably lost it on your own! It’s what you get for taking a book you weren’t supposed to anyway.”