5 Another Attempt at Freedom

*Dedicated to XxXTwixXxX For Commenting On Every Chapter & Being A Dedicated Reader :)

A/N: This chapter isn't much if I must say so myself :) BUT bear with me as it leads into a better plot, and I promise the next chapter should be better! Enjoy, and thanks to all those who read this far :)

*Chapter not proofread

፠CHAPTER FIVE፠

My back leaned against the cold, hard wall of my dorm. It had been already a full hour that I’d been sitting there, doing absolutely nothing. I was completely honest when I’d said I wouldn’t give up. But the question was: What could I do now?

The ceiling fan above my head clicked with every slow rotation as I unconsciously twirled the thick, electric band around my hand. A soft knock snapped me out of my trance and my glance led to the door. Kaiti stepped in and shut the door behind her.

“Hey.” She greeted, then cleared her throat.

I sighed and rested my head on my knees.

Kaiti stooped down before me, a wide smile spread across her flawless face, her faded violet eyes burning with excitement. Every Nephilim’s eyes lightened in color when they hit the age of fifteen. A sure sign that they weren’t human, and a reason why they belonged to Calambria from that moment on. Especially since soon enough, they would all start developing powers of their own at various ages. I envied how Kaiti always smiled. Why couldn’t I emit such happiness as well? I looked my friend in the eyes and asked, “Why are you so happy?”

“The question is, why aren’t you so happy?” she replied with a giggle. “I just came up with the best plan.”

My eyes grew wide, and my heart rate quickened. She couldn’t be serious. “You mean-”

“Escape. Attempt two!” she squealed.

I couldn’t believe it. “But I thought you were against it.”

Her eyes softened, and her lips formed a faint smile. “I was. But look at you. You’re even more caged up then before. I can’t imagine being in your position.”

“Thank y-”

“Don’t thank me just yet.” Kaiti winked and placed a finger on my lips. “We take action tonight.”

--¤፥ º̊‡° ˚̈̇᎐፤•∙ⶑ†--

I shivered as the wind blew in through my dorm window, making my hairs stand on edge. It was full moon tonight, and the perfect weather for another one of those Nephilim parties. Except this time, it’d be within Campus A. What did this mean? Nyala Garmound –that’s me- had the right to go.

Chayn leaned on my dorm wall and glared at Kaiti and me. “I’m not sure.” He stated.

“Oh, come on party pooper.” Kaiti pointed a thumb downwards. “The party’s on campus. She’s not going anywhere. The most that could happen is Nyala running around drunk… and naked.”

She smiled and looked over to me. “Wow. I would never-”

And,” she added, cutting me off in the process, “just to make sure. How about you tag along?”

Chayn scoffed and stifled a laugh. “Sorry, kid. I don’t go to any of those Nephilim parties.”

“Well, why not?!” Kaiti stomped a foot.

Me, on the other hand, gave my eyes a roll. My knees trembled. I couldn’t hold back my trepidation. Our plan would surely fail if Chayn didn’t come along. How else were we going to get him drunk? Yes. Drunk. With Chayn out of the way, my escape would work out perfectly fine. You’ve got to give it to Kaiti to come up with such a simple, but brilliant plan. After all, every guy drinks, whether human or not. At least, from what I know of.