13

Hayden's POV

"I'm bored." I whined to Payton. He rolled his eyes as he texted someone adamantly.

"Go to Blair's or something. Or maybe Emma's... Better yet, don't go to Emma's." Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"I would call her, but she's at Katie's. Anyway, I wouldn't dare cheat on Blair, and that's definite. I love Blair. I've never been more sure of anything in my life. She's perfect, I don't want to ever lose her." Payton's eyes widened and he dropped his phone.

"What did you just say?"

"I said I loved Blair." I do love Blair. I can't help it, she's so fucking sexy and I love the way she acts. I love how she talks so much and how she loves attention. I love giving her that attention. Because she deserves it.

"You couldn't possibly. It's only been a month. You're barely over Ashley yet." I shrugged. I've been over Ashley. Just because the nightmares haven't left doesn't mean anything. And of course I still miss her sometimes, I haven't laid eyes on her or spoken to her for three years, not to mention I know for sure I can't.

"I'm in love, Payton." I told him again, seriously.

"Do you even know what love is?" I frowned at him.

"I'm pretty sure I do, and I know that I love Blair. Why are you so sure I'm not in love with her?" I asked, feeling myself get angry.

"Because it's been a month and regular people don't fall in love after a month. Let alone people who were just mourning over their ex." I stared at him for a bit before nodding and walking out of the room. I couldn't believe he'd say that. That he'd say that I didn't know if I loved her. I knew for sure I did. Especially since last night.

I went downstairs to talk to mom instead. She sat in the living room watching TV. I laid my head on her lap and she laughed.

"What's up?"

"How long do you think it should take for someone to fall in love?" She studied me then shrugged.

"I don't think there's a set time frame. It just happens. Some people believe in love at first sight. That's what your father says he felt with me." I smiled up at her. "Why do you ask this?" She said with a gleam in her eye.

"I love Blair." She smiled widely.

"That's amazing baby!"

"I'm glad you think so. Payton doesn't believe me."

"I think he's like your father. They don't want you moving too quickly and getting hurt." I sighed.

"Blair won't hurt me. She's genuinely into me Mom. Why else would someone like her be with me? There's nothing she can gain from it. I'm the one who would hurt her."

"You won't hurt her and you know it. Blair is a good girl though, and so are you. So you two deserve each other." I laughed.

"Whatever you say Mom." She kissed my forehead. I laid there and watched TV with her and sometime in that process, I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone laying on me. I groaned and looked up to see Blair.

"Blair?" She smiled at me and I wondered if I was dreaming.

"Hey babe, I got Katie to drop me off here for a few hours until I have to be home." I smiled and sat up. I rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes and Blair laid her head on my shoulder.

"How was your day with Katie?" I asked her as I grabbed her hand. I noticed she had semi pointed nails on and they were painted purple.

"It was good. Katie and I just had some girl talk and we got our nails done."