16

Blair's POV

Mom and I didn't really talk things over, she just said she'd give Hayden another chance at dinner. Then she asked if I wanted to go shopping. I honestly hadn't had my mom in a while so I agreed.

I also haven't been shopping in a while now. Mostly because Hayden hates shopping unless I'm buying lingerie (perv) and I'm usually with her on weekends. But I absolutely love shopping, because I love finding new ways to look absolutely hot. I like making people's heads turn when I pass by. I especially love when Hayden's eyes get wide at what I'm wearing. She's my favorite, of course. But if I haven't been shopping, everything gets old.

I used to always shop with Mom before she and I stopped talking as much. She was great at helping me pick the right clothes out.

Now that we're going out again, I'm overly excited for this.

At first, it was a bit awkward. She seemed to have something on her mind. Every time I asked her something about a dress or a shirt she only had small comments. I sighed after about the fifth time.

"What's wrong with you? Do you have any questions or anything about Hayden and I? Or do you not want to shop?" She looked up at me surprised then seriously.

"Why do you want to be with her so badly? Why her of all people? Someone who goes against everything you are. Well, you were. You could do so much better honey. I just want the best for you." I frowned.

"Because I love her. Hayden isn't a bad person Mom. She's extremely sweet to me and treats me like royalty, believe it or not. There isn't a moment where I have to ask myself if she actually loves me or if she's tired of me. As for me, myself? I'm the same person, just happier I guess. As a parent, I'd expect that to be enough for you. That your child is happy." She sighed.

"Oh honey, I am glad you're happy. I just don't want you to be hurt. Who's to say things will always be this way? How do you know you'll be together much longer?" I smiled and shrugged.

"I don't know. No one does. But I'll do whatever I can to keep her, and it seems she'd do the same for me. All we can do is look at what's here. Now. And right now, Hayden's who I want to be with for as long as possible. That's enough for me to be satisfied." She looked at me for a bit.

"Are you sure she's who you want to be with?"

"One hundred percent. Never been more sure of anything." I answered without hesitation. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay then. I'll take it. Even if the dinner doesn't exactly go the best, I'll still be okay with it. Maybe I'll get used to it after some time." I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Please. Because I've missed my mom."

"I know, I'm so sorry I've been so bad to you for it. I know your Dad and I can't always protect you from everything. You're right, it's time you make your own decisions. I just hope that you're doing the right thing in this situation." I looked up at her in her eyes.

"I am." She nodded and smiled.

"Good. Now, let's shop. I haven't spent any money in a while, I've got more saved." I grinned happily.

"Okay so I was thinking about this dress here-"

"That color would look great on you. It'd hug your body just right. I'm with that one." I grinned and took it.