17

Payton's POV

I was glad I caught Hayden leaving out of the house. I've been looking for a way to be able to talk to Nick in person. Well, he hasn't answered any of my messages on social media. I know I hurt him and I know he's with Lewis but he was still mine first. I made a mistake and let him go. If I ever get him back, I wouldn't let it happen again.

I told Hayden and Blair to sit in the backseat. I know Hayden didn't want me to come because Nick's been telling her about what really happened then. Hayden even told me that she wasn't going to try and help me out with it. She said that it's my job to show Nick I love him. But I was afraid. I was afraid to see him now, but I had to take the chance. I wonder what he'd look like now. He never really had updated pictures on his social media.

"Dude, slow down okay? I don't want us getting into a wreck, we've got Blair in here. Calm down. Nick doesn't hate you. Just... try and be you." I nodded and took a deep breath. Hayden told me where to turn and we were there within a few more minutes. We were at some huge house and Hayden got on her phone. "He's coming." Five minutes passed and he still didn't come. Hayden called his phone. "Hello? Uhh yeah? What? Give Nick the phone. Hello?... Okay someone has his phone." I got out of the Jeep hearing Hayden yelling at me. I kept going and went into the house. The door was unlocked and music was bumping. There were people everywhere. A party on a Monday night? What the fuck??

I walked around looking for Nick and then I saw a door with smoke coming out. I pushed the door open and a set of stairs led down. I went down, and I heard Nick's voice. I shivered... but kept going. It's been a while, but I wouldn't ever forget that voice. Even if it had gotten so much deeper.

"Look just let me leave. I gave you the money and you can keep my phone." He asked them.

"Stupid fag. Don't you understand it isn't about that? Hudson isn't gay, you made him fuck you." One guy spat at him. Nick scoffed.

"He didn't fuck me. He sucked my dick and that was it." I heard a punch and I rounded the corner. Of course it'd be part of Hayden's stupid basketball team.

"Hey, Payton what's up?"

"What're you guys doing?"

"Just having some fun." I looked at Nick to see his shirt off and his jeans hanging off his waist. Woah... he was fucking hot. I sat there staring at him for a while and he smirked. His long hair was shaved down and his body was sculpted perfectly. My breath was taken away and I realized my mouth was wide open. But then I saw that he had blood coming from his mouth, and I was enraged.

"Uhh, Payton why're you looking at him like-"

"All of you get the fuck out of here before I beat your asses." They stood there confused. "NOW!" They scrambled away and it was just Nick and I standing there.

"Hmm about time you stuck up for me." I couldn't say anything. Instead I walked towards him. He shook his head at me, I could tell he was a little drunk, but I stopped. "Why're you here?"

"Nick I-" He looked at me with nothing but pain in his eyes and I hated it.

"Why are you here?"

"I came with Hayden... he said you needed a ride." I mumbled.

"Great. Where's the ride?"

"Outside."

"Take me to it." My mouth opened to say something to him but he began walking around me. I made a quick decision and grabbed his arm. I pulled him into me and held his waist firmly in my hands. He stared down at me with confusion, love, and hurt in his eyes.