Chapter 5 - Tangled In The Great Escape

ELIAS' P.O.V

"Crap..." Cassius mumbled quietly, pulling his baseball bat from behind his back.

Tatiana revved her chainsaw so I quickly started mine up as Lyndi, Dyson and Cassius ran towards the approaching mass of zombies.

Tatiana and I nodded at each other before running over to the others and diving into the fray, careful not to get bitten as we sliced through one zombie after another.

Cassius laughed obnoxiously as he drove his baseball bat through a woman's head just as she lunged towards him with her sharp teeth bared. Almost instantly he lunged for another zombie before the first had even hit the floor.

I darted forwards raising my chainsaw in the air and quickly bringing the noisy weapon down on top of a gargling zombie's skull, the blade grinding through bone and swiftly ending the man's undead life.

He collapsed to the ground with the chainsaws blade still wedged into his skull. Another zombie lunged at me straight after, trying to do what his dead friend couldn't do to me. I didn't have enough time to retrieve my bloody chainsaw immediately, so my instincts acted, causing me to quickly pulled a knife from my belt and stab it into the zombies unprotected eye.

Tatiana had a large frown plastered onto her face as she drove her chainsaw sideways through a zombies neck, successfully decapitating it. She lunged for another, giving it the same fate as the last before a zombie tried to sneak up on her.

Lyndi quickly dashed forwards before I could even think to, shooting the deranged zombie in the back of the head with a nail gun before taking aim and shooting another down.

Dyson's eyes were wide with terror as he swiped a knife at a zombie which was slowly backing him towards a corner. I took a deep breath before rushing over and beheading the bloodthirsty zombie with my crimson knife.

Moments later another zombie attacked and I cut it down, looking around for the others to find that we were outnumbered by... a lot.

I quickly ran to my chainsaw and kicked the skull of the deceased man, dislodging it and yelling to the rest of the group.

"There are too many! We need to run!" My shout was followed by three confirmations and one grunt from Cassius who was grinning from ear to ear sadistically, blood splattered over his slightly tanned face.

"Let's go!" Tatiana yelled and everyone quickly finished off their current kills and darted towards the opening behind me.

I followed quickly and urged Lyndi to pick up her pace as she slowly dropped back, her auburn hair flowing behind her, the claws of the zombies trying to yank her back.

Moments later two zombies are closing in, I swung my blood splattered chainsaw towards one and manage to cut its arm off whilst Lyndi aimed and shot a nail through the second's skull.

She grins as the first zombie tripped over her victim's unmoving body, that had happened to have collapsed to the floor in a heap. We quickly turned and ran towards where the others were waiting by a fire escape.

Cassius swiftly jumped up and grabbed onto the bottom rung of the ladder, letting his weight pull it down before scrambling up onto the small landing. We all quickly followed and pulled the ladder back up just as a zombie rounded the corner, followed by several more. An entire army of blood parched monsters.

Tatiana revved her chainsaw so I quickly started mine up as Lyndi, Dyson and Cassius ran towards the approaching mass of zombies. Tatiana and I nodded at each other before running over to the others and diving into the fray, careful not to get bitten as we sliced through one zombie after another.