I - PART III

III :.

------------

------------

Eliza had been questioning many things ever since she knocked on Justice Struess' door. She had known that the only way to protect the Baudelaire siblings was to be as close to them as possible, but it seemed being two doors down wasn't close enough.

She had noticed the red mark that was adorning the middle Baudelaire, Klaus' cheek. That aroused many questions such as: Is the Count being more merciless as they described him? Is he abusing them every day? How is caring for them, if he is at all? And most of all, to what extents would Count Olaf go to get his grimy hands on the Baudelaire fortune?

Another problem nagged in her insides: the comlink. Eliza had invented a device that could act as a phone but be as small as the palm of a hand. It proved itself incredibly useful in public places, when you didn't want enemy ears hearing your conversations.

However, a rather strange woman had called her today, and her words stilled fear into Eliza no less than Count Olaf himself. At the same moment the woman called, the Baudelaire siblings had walked into Justice Struess' library, and there was no way she could continue the conversation. So, Eliza instead presented the woman was her mother, scowling and giving mopey attitude, as a normal teenager would react to a call from her parent.

But something stopped her snarky attitude. The woman had said quite harshly, they are alive. It made Eliza stop in her tracks and questioned the message out loud, much to Klaus and Violets surprise.

The woman had left before Eliza could confirm her assumptions.

She thought back to her main goal.

Eliza knew what she had to do. It was the only way to answer all her - and the rest of the organisation' - questions. Of course, there was a small tug in her chest, saying to just stay at Justice Struess home, away from harm, away from stress. Though, it would be quite to get out of that completely.

Slipping her black hood over her raven coloured locks, she silently walked out of the cream door that held a welcome sign neatly. Eliza walked down the pathway, her magenta dress swishing against her knees. Walking over the street, a tall, dooming house looked over her. She tiptoed around the perimeter of the home, her small frame coming in handy to squeeze past the fence into the backyard.

Eliza took a small grappling hook from her large coat pocket and swung it with both her hands, once, twice and into the window sill. She lifted up her small heeled Oxford shoes and pulled out a gel pad from another pocket- her latest invention, and stuck them onto the soles of each shoe. It would add extra grip to the show, allowing her to climb.

Forcing bile down her throat, she grabbed onto the rope tightly before placing her feet onto the wall and slowly, but surely walking up the house.

Her knuckles were quickly turning white and her stomach was flipping, but she continued to step, the thought of what her parents would say keeping her going.

Her hands grasped onto the window sill and as quietly as possible, lifted the hatch off the ancient window and pulled it up, grunting at the weight. She jumped through the window, her dress flying in the air before landing in front of a surprised Klaus Baudelaire who seemed to be half awake on a ruddy hammock, holding a familiar law book in his tired hands and a suspicious expression on his face.

AN- A small chapter that fills you in on what Eliza's currently up to :)
Xoxo
Cerise