I - PART IV

IV:.

------------

------------

The look on the middle Baudelaire's face was priceless. It was full of apprehension and distrust as his fingers twisted together beside his thigh, as if he held a weapon- even though he wondered if he would have the will to actually use one.

Eliza was positively scared, gulping down the saliva that was forcing it's way up. Her eyes trailed to the window as she struggled to find the words to spit out.

Violet seemed to stir, as her raven head raised slightly and jolted when she realised who was in their bedroom. Her arms cradled Sunny tightly and she stood up from the ranky bed, lingering just behind Klaus.

"Before I say anything, just remember: I mean no harm. I am only here to do good for you and your siblings." Eliza gushed out, her eyes flickering to each child.

"What do you want?" Violet whisper-yelled, secretly quite worried about this strange girl.

"I can't tell you much but," Eliza flicked her head to check if anyone was spying from the window. "I'm not Justice Struess' niece." She continued.

"Then who are you?" Klaus whispered, his eyebrows raised and the same suspicious look on his face as when they first met.

"Unfortunately, I can't tell you just yet," Eliza sighed apprehensively at the Baudelaires. "But all you need to know is that I'm on your side and I know just how evil and vile Count Olaf is."

The siblings looked a little more comfortable with this-now- unknown girl.

"I have been instructed by my superiors to protect you, and by the looks of it," Eliza pointed her finger towards the red mark on Klaus' cheek. "I haven't been able to do my job properly by living opposite this house."

Violet shared a look with her brother. She didn't know if the siblings should believe their so called protector.

"What do you suppose you do?" Klaus asked her, curiosity brimming inside of him.

Eliza scrunched her eyebrows together in thought. She hadn't thought about what to do after she exposed herself. She had always imagined the Baudelaire siblings would be able to think of an ingenious plan that would somehow be able to get themselves out of the clutches of Count Olaf.

It seemed not.

Eliza opened and closed her mouth, similar to a fish and looked down to the dusty floorboards, suddenly feeling incredibly stupid.

Something jolted inside her brain. Something that seemed so utterly insane it made her stomach churn. But it could save the Baudelaire fortune, and much more.

"I will stay with you." Eliza grinned.

A grin that could hide the bubbling pot of fear simmering inside of her.

AN- My chapters will get longer, I pinky promise ;)
Feel free to let me know what you think, I love to read feedback that can improve my writing!
Keep the ANs short, Cerise ;)
Xoxo
Cerise