II - PART I

I:.

—————————-

—————————-

Justice Strauss ignored Eliza's frightfully empty bed and walked towards the knocking door. She opened the large door and stared out into the open, the only sound that could be heard was the chirping made by the regular birds that inhabited the floral yard.

As Justice Strauss lowered her head, a piece of paper caught her eye, wedged between the doormat. She picked it up and opened it quickly, not hesitating to find out its contents.

The letter was addressed to her by Eliza: the girl she was looking for at that moment.

Dear Aunt Strauss,

I'm afraid my mother talked to me in the letter I received yesterday morning. My father has come back from the Amazon and I am to stay at his home for the next few months. I am dearly sorry for the sudden leave, but the train ride back home was scheduled at 5:30 this morning. It is rather sad that I am to leave you this suddenly, especially after the whole ordeal with the Baudelaire children. My, what a terrible misfortune those poor children have faced! I would have wished to get to know them more. I hope to see you well sometime.

Sincerely,

Eliza

Justice Strauss' hand flew to her mouth. It was a suspiciously sudden departure, one that unfortunately passed this old woman's mind. She was quite upset, the poor woman. But after a few days of good reading and taking care of the neighbouring cats, Justice Strauss could barely remember the dark haired girl who once temporarily lived in her home. Oh, what an unfortunate event.

Short filler to get part II started :)

Xoxo
Cerise