I - PART VII

VII:.

---------------

---------------

An excessive steam rolled of the ancient video player, a bright light in the unusually dark room. Edward blew out a puff of smoke and lowered the greying cigarette from his mouth. His shaking hand clutched a mint of whiskey, a drink quite popular to be drunk in the midst of happy events.

This was not a happy event.

Quite the ironic scene, I must say.

"Why did Kit have to throw her into this mess, Edward?" Wallis spoke softly and carefully, as if a word spoken too loud would shatter her husband.

Edward looked at the withering screen, an array of clips sifting through.

A little girl of 5 with dark hair walked down a park pathway, holding her father's hand and smiling a toothy grin. She skipped down the grass and chased after the scared birds, a sense of innocence surrounding her.

Edward could feel himself smiling. It was something that his mouth wasn't used to doing.

The same girl was a few years older. She wore a large silver dress adorned with glittering jewellery, seated next to two young women a few years older. They both wore extravagant gowns and had eyes overflowing with love. The young girl's eyes were almost empty, as if someone had drained all the innocence out of them and only left a little bit to salvage.

Edward sucked in sharply and looked back at his wife. A deep pit of regret was forming in his stomach, eating at his insides, and begging to be let out.

He could imagine her now. A strong, independent young woman who could conquer anything. He still remembered her nightmares. The ones that revolves around those nights at headquarters. The ones that could tell all of his in-law's families secrets.

She wasn't safe. And he couldn't save her. Wallis couldn't save her. He couldn' aid in securing the safety of the Baudelaires or the Quigmaires. Only she could.

AN- Today I experimented with something I want to incorporate at least once in each part of this book, it's almost an intermission to another part of the world where this story links to. I just really like cryptic things so ! BUT WE HIT 2k READS AHHHHHH WHAT EVEEEEEEEEEN!!! Thank you to my readers for clicking on Eliza and leaving such lovely comments!
Xoxo
Cerise