2~~ Steady

A/N: the above picture gives an almost accurate idea for what I imagine Tikki and Plagg's human versions to look like. I hope this helps.

 I hope this helps

~|~|~|~

Princess Marinette woke up with a smile for the first time ever since her cousin, Manon, visited the kingdom to watch puppet shows for her birthday. She reached up to her ears and felt for the earrings she had put on the night before. The princess grinned widely in relief because she was jubilant that the night wasn't a dream.

"It's about time you woke up," a high-pitched voice said from the window.

Marinette jumped in surprise, realising that there was a lady 'Kwami' in her room that she had to get used to. However, she had to admit that the lady's presence was quite comforting.

Marinette had followed all the Kwami's instructions the previous night, screaming 'Spots On!' and using her weapon— known as a yo-yo, which could turn into a bow-and-arrow whenever needed— to help her swing over rooftops of her kingdom.

"W-was that really me yesterday?" Marinette asked hesitantly, "I mean, jumping over r-rooftops and all..."

The princess didn't know what to ask the Kwami that wouldn't lead to a long chain of following questions afterwards. She didn't want to chase Tikki away through irritation, but she couldn't help it— her curiosity always seemed to get the best of her.

"It was you," Tikki assured, sitting down on the edge of Marinette's bed, "and myself mostly...but still you."

"How did you...?" Marinette pointed to her earrings.

"How did I enter your earrings?" Tikki completed, "Oh, well, I'm not quite sure. It just happens— my experiences go into your Miraculous and you gain it all in a blink of an eye."

The princess felt a tingling sensation through her body and immediately flipped her bedsheets away to stare at her legs and arms, which still looked completely normal.

"You'll get used to the feeling," the Kwami explained, "You'll be getting stronger. Each time you use the Miraculous, it will gradually increase the amount of power you hold in everyday life."

Marinette shook her head in disbelief. After all those years she had failed in training, fell on hard floor each day worrying about how she'd never reach her father's expectations, the only thing that was able to change that was a pair of magical earrings and an ancient female Kwami sent to train her in finding her 'inner insect'.

"Since Ladybug is the most powerful Miraculous Holder of them all," Tikki continued, "you will adapt much easier and faster than the rest."