6~~ Celebration

A/N: You guys are awesome! (And I suck because I'm not on Wattpad as often as I used to be). But I do have good news: *whispers* I know the ending to my story *raises fists in victory*. Also, some season 2 spoilers are out! I am so excited!

 Also, some season 2 spoilers are out! I am so excited!

~|~|~|~

Your mother would have been proud. Those were the six words that Marinette would never have dreamed come out of her father's mouth... And yet he had spoke it with such pride and impressiveness that Marinette had considered going onto the battlefield over and over again just so he could say something as complimenting as those words one last time.

The whole of Gollieb country, especially the women, praised the princess for her victory.  Marinette Dupain-Cheng proved to Paris that women had the power to be just as brave and strong as a man. In fact, she had received many more praises when the news of the princess saving Prince Adrien on the battlefield spread like wildfire.

"Our heroine!" the crowd of civilians chanted as Marinette passed, leading her army back to the Dupain Palace.

"An angel!" a young boy gasped.
"A warrior like her mother!" a lone voice from the crowd.
"She took a knife to the chest!" another exclaimed, "Look!"
"How brave she is!"

Indeed, the princess was not able to hide the deep cut she had received during her fight against Knight Roger of the Bourgeoisie Kingdom, for it reached all the way up to her collar bone. However, it showed her determination. If she were an average woman civilian from Gollieb country, the princess would have cowered in her tears from pity towards herself after receiving a bloody wound like that.

A seven-year-old girl called Marinette's name continuously when the army passed. The mother of the child tried calming her daughter down, but it had been too late— the princess made her way towards them confidently. She bent down on one knee and the girl was so surprised at the warrior's presence that she blurted out, "May I touch your wound!"

"Laura!" the mother gasped in horror.

The girl would have cried in guilt if it were not for the princess raising her hand to the wound. Laura felt each ripple and dent from the cut on Marinette's collar bone and a chill of honour passed through her spine.

Before leading the army back to the palace, the princess told her, "Never be ashamed of your scars."

A grateful tear fell from the girl's eye. Marinette-Dupain Cheng showed her a sensation of victory and valour that would give her strength for the rest of her life.

~|~|~|~

Adrien could hear the fireworks in the night combusting from excitement, sparks of joy embraced the atmosphere because of the relief in winning the battle. However, the fireworks could also mean something completely different to a family who had lost a dear one the previous day.