13~~ Cautiousness

A/N: bad news... it's exam time for me. I don't want you guys to worry about this book not getting done on time but I just want to let you know that it might take a little while for me to finish each chapter.

 I don't want you guys to worry about this book not getting done on time but I just want to let you know that it might take a little while for me to finish each chapter

~|~|~|~

Nathaniel Kurtzberg practically marched into the Kingdom, his head held tall with his fellow soldiers following behind him— one of them being Le Chién Kim. Prince Nathaniel noticed a dark-haired Dupain soldier walking towards them as the group made their way up the stairs entrance.

"Your Highness!" the soldier greeted with a wide smile, "It is such an honour to finally have you with us! I am Louis Dupain-Cheng, Marinette's cousin."

Louis held out his hand to Nathaniel, which he obliged immediately. Family, Nathaniel thought, perfect. The prince had a theory that the closest way to someone's heart is through someone they love.

"Of course I know who you are," Nathaniel said, forcing a smile, "You are the main soldier of this kingdom, yes? Oh, please, it's an honour for me."

Louis did not know how to react. He had received some compliments of respect from royal families, but never had anyone told him it was an honour to meet him.

"Thank you, Your Highness," Louis said uncertainly, "If you would please follow me."

* * *

"Your visit was quite unexpected," the guard admitted, guiding them towards the grand hall.

"So was that of Adrien Agreste, I assume," Nathaniel replied in a monotonous tone.

Louis hesitated for a moment and looked at the face of the Kurtzberg prince. His tone had been constant but his brow narrowed in spite, eyes sparking with unknown fire. It only registered through Louis' mind at this moment that Adrien was the reason Nathaniel must have decided to come.

"He had sent us a letter beforehand,"

"So have I."

Louis wanted to say something along the lines of 'A marriage proposal letter does not count' or 'You can stuff those letters up your behind' but he thought it best to keep his own mouth shut as Prince Nathaniel continued to speak, "If Adrien decided to come unexpectedly, then there should be no problems with me coming unexpectedly as well, especially since I am Marinette's fiancé."

"We do not know for sure," Louis blurted before he could stop himself.

The other soldiers held their breaths, some hovering their hand above their swords. Le Chién Kim glared at his men as a warning— they were not allowed to kill any of their hosts.