11~~ Protection

A/N: Adrienette in season 2 be like:

My reaction:

~|~|~|~

Days passed and Adrien would smile through each morning, knowing that he would be spending his time with the princess. Whether it be talking about shooting stars, poems or anything to do with royal struggles, they would spend hour upon hour about each topic if given enough time alone.

On one of those mornings, he felt weak in his arms and legs. After long nights fighting alongside Ladybug, he would continuously experience a wave of emptiness in his body, wincing as he got out of bed. Adrien woke up earlier than the average person and for good reason.

He wanted to train and get stronger by doing daily exercises each morning in the training room but before he did so, he checked up on Plagg. The prince would ask his Kwami about Miraculouses but once again, received no answer.

Adrien did not want to create assumptions, but he was certain that the reason he had been feeling so weak was because his powers had drained him the night before. He felt worse for Ladybug, however, because if his theory was correct then she was becoming as weak as he was— if not worse. He wondered if Ladybug trained as hard as he did, if she was as strong as he was in her real life.

The prince kept thinking about Ladybug while doing push-ups on the ground of the training room. He was sweating mercilessly, body heaving up and down and shirt discarded next to him. He lost count of how many exercises he had done, but he did not care.

He would only stop once he definitely knew that he could not handle the pressure any longer. He had to push himself. Push himself for his people. Push himself for the next war. Push himself for...

An image of Princess Marinette after the battle appeared in his head, her armour removed and for a terribly long second, he imagined another layer of clothing removed, scattered next to his bed and she was next to him... The prince gasped and immediately stopped moving, wondering why she had possibly entered his thoughts in a sinful way.