Chapter 13 : Oh Brother

Recap:
"There's something you're not telling me mick. It's not secure here though, so I'll take you up on that offer."
Present:
I take off my mask and put it on the counter along side James's. Running my hand through my hair I raise a brow at James. He slumps onto a bar stool and rests his head in his hands. He sighs and shakes his head.
"There's talk of a revolution. It's chaos we've lost contact with god. He's gone missing." His eyes flicker to mine for a moment.

"I've been talking to Castiel, he's been watching these men, Dean Winchester and his brother sam, apparently they are trying to stop the apocalypse." He groans and rubs his eyes. His brow creased with worry but his dry chuckle cuts the thick silence.

"I've lost contact with anyone up there. I guess we're free of your mission now." He looks up at me a with a distraught face.

"James we tossed that mission a long time ago. Gosh do I have to give you a hug. You do know how much I hate those?" I see a small smile appear on his face as he rolls his eyes. He shakes his head and forces a chuckle.

I open my arms widely. "Hug me brotha." I beckon him with my hands and nod my head while he shuffles into my arms. With a groan he lets his head fall onto my shoulder. I pat his back for second and pull away.

"Now don't make me do this again. No chick flick moments ok?" I say strictly but he can tell that I'm messing with him.

He sighs once more. "So what now? With no preset mission we have nothing to do. The crew might be out for us for all we know!" He starts pacing the room worriedly. I can see his forehead wrinkle in concentration.

"Hey James you have to take a breath. I can already see stress lines started my to form on your face." I say trying to ease his mind.

James takes a breath in and breathes out slowly. "Ok I'm good, but we need a plan."

I nod my head in agreement before smirking a bit. "I think we already had one, take down the Vanoss crew from the inside."

"We already tried to do that and we failed. They don't trust us anymore I doubt we'll be able to get you in."

"Stop thinking so negatively there is always a way in. Mini said he was going to talk to Vanoss. So they have to discuss how things went. Who knows, maybe we are still on his good side." I said holding tight to the lasts string of hope we had.

James nods doubtfully. His eyes droop a little bit and he shakes his head quickly.

"Get some sleep it's been a long night, it's almost three in the morning." I say strongly. He looks like he's going to argue but gives in. He nods and shuffles up the stairs to his room.

After making sure he was asleep I noiselessly walk down the stairs and grab my mask from the counter. Slipping my mask on under my black motorcycle helmet I roll my bike out of the garage. Turning the key in the ignition the bike hums to life. Straddling the bike I roll out of the garage onto the gravel path.

♈️⚛️

Hanging up on Alice I lean back against the rusty wall of Sal's old abandoned metal factory. A few minutes of waiting later I see a pair of headlights coming down the steep hill. The sleek car comes to a stop just outside the factory. A dark figure in a suit steps out of the car and looks around. I step forward off the wall and walk closer to the suit clad man.

Hearing the crunch of gravel he turns around and looks at me. He gives me a calm smile and extends his hand.

"Hello I'm Ohm, you must be Cheshire. I've heard quite a bit about you." His calm soothing voice flows into my ears making me smile back at him although I doubt he can see it under my mask.

I let my eyes wander from his grey suit up to his omega mask clad face. I can see his light brown hair sitting slightly disheveled on his head. His hazel eyes are still just as warm as they were seven years ago.

I felt the need to hug him by pushed it aside. If anyone was gong to recognize me it was him. Clearing my throats I grasp his hand and shake it. "All good things I hope, but I feel like that's not the case." I say releasing his hand .

He chuckles and sticks his right hand in his blazers pocket. "When Alice called me I was surprised that you wanted to meet me. After all I'm just backup." His eyes quickly scan me up and down but come back to my face.

"I'm eager to know what Vanoss plans to do about me." I crack my fingers four at a time and smirk.

His eyes quickly snap down to my fingers and something flashed In His eyes but disappeared in a flash. "Now what makes you think I would tell you information like that. I'm faithful to my gang and wouldn't betray any information about them to you." He says quickly getting defensive.

"Would you give that information to an old friend?" I say smiling whilst taking off my mask. Looking up at him I see his jaw drop in shock. He hesitantly reached out and put a hand on my shoulder. Grabbing it he pulls me into a bone crushing hug.

Wrapping my arms tightly around him I hear him whisper into my shoulder. "You were dead, they told me you were dead."

After several minutes of hugging he pulls away. When he takes off his mask I can see that his eyes now have a touch of red to them.

"We have quite a lot to catch up on apparently. You don't know how much I've missed you." Ohm runs a hand through his messy hair.

"Indeed we do brother, indeed we do." I say warmly grabbing his hand and walking to his car.

/\/\/\/\/\

Hey, what's up. Ok y'all need to read this authors note right now! Very important! Ohm is not Una's biological brother they are just very close friends. Ok you can skip the rest of this if you want to but you really needed to know that. One last thing I will be releasing a "folder of files" on the Vanoss crew. It's another chapter but with all the character information. So basically it's what they look like, what their position is, how they act, name, code name, etc. Until next time!
-BarnOwl 🦉

Word count - 1174

Don't be a silent reader! I'm open to constructive criticism! If you see a typo or a mistake you could just point it out and I will fix it!