Prologue

Wow, I'm surprised you actually decided to read this after that god-awful summary... Well, I'm glad.

This was my first HP fanfic and, therefore, also my first Drarry. I hadn't seen/read Harry Potter in AGES and/or done too much research so I apologise if anything's not accurate about the wizarding world - at least I tried, right?

Also, the grammar isn't fantastic, since the english language continues to baffle me, despite it being my only language (how people learn it from scratch: I haven't a clue!). 

Please vote and enjoy reading!

Thanks a bunch,

Jay xx

~~~

"So do you think you'll go back with Ron and me?" Hermione asked, leaning forward for Harry's answer. Harry looked at her, blinking blankly - he hadn't been listening. "You weren't listening, were you?" Hermione, picking up on Harry's confusion, didn't sound impressed. In reply, Harry shook his head. Hermione sighed deeply, sliding a letter across the table. Harry picked it up and read it.

From what he understood, Professor McGonagall was offering for the three to return to Hogwarts to complete their education which they'd missed out on the last year. She'd said that many others would be returning as 'eighth years' due to the poor education that they received last year.

Harry had read in the Daily Prophet that Hogwarts had been more or less successfully rebuilt over the summer 'with the help of the Ministry' (which probably meant some officials patted the professors on the back, posed for a few photographs, then went on their way). Harry went to read the next page, only to find it was the same letter, but addressed to Ron, and the next to himself. He thought that a little silly seeing as McGonagall knew the three were staying at the Burrow over the summer.

"Yeah, I'll go." Harry answered. He'd concluded he had nothing better to do for the next year - so going to Hogwarts would probably be a good idea. Besides, if Hermione and Ron were going, he'd want to go as well.

"He's coming too, Ron!" Hermione called into the other room.

"Brilliant!" Ron grinned around the door, before going back to whatever he was doing in the living room.

"We've told Ginny, but she doesn't want to go back - even if she has a year to go." Hermione stated, turning back to Harry. She sounded as if she disapproved, which would be expected from the Hermione Granger. The situation between Ginny and Harry was a little awkward. They were friends, but not friends friends, 'we-used-to-date' friends.

"Of course not. She got an offer from the Harpies, didn't she?" Harry smiled. Hermione nodded. If it were Harry, he'd take professional Quidditch over another year at Hogwarts. Hogwarts had been the best years of his life so far, and finishing his education would help with his career - but playing Quidditch for a living kind of won hands down.

"I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to going back." Hermione smiled, leaning back in her chair.

Harry thought about it, he could probably draw up the effort to look forward to it...