A Muggle School Playground

"Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed from the ensuite bathroom. Harry and Hermione simultaneously raised their heads at the noise. They looked at each other, before leaving their trunks to see what the commotion was about.

"What is it, Ron?" Hermione asked, climbing the single step to the bathroom and going through the open door.

"Look at all this!" He ordered, pointing at the ridiculous amount of bottles and jars on the counter surrounding the sink. There really was quite the array. All different shapes, sizes and colours of products. Harry didn't recognise any of it, which made him think it was wizard exclusive stuff - which he didn't own any of, since he thought muggle products worked fine.

"Is this all Draco's?" Hermione questioned, picking up one of the bottles and inspecting the label.

"Of course it is!" Ron answered as if it were obvious. Harry did wonder who's else it could be, meriting Hermione's question a little pointless.

"Just this is girls cover-up." Hermione displayed the bottle she was holding to the two boys. The brand name Harry actually did recognise as muggle, he'd seen it in a shop window in Surrey.

"And muggle at that." Harry commented. They heard the door to the dorm open, and looking out, they saw Draco had decided to grace them with his presence.

"Hey Malfoy, what's all this?" Ron called, still looking over Draco's collection.

"What's all what?" Draco asked, leaning into the bathroom.

"This!" Ron made a display of the counter, using both arms for the extra dramatising. Draco glanced at the sink.

"It called self-grooming, Weasley. I highly recommend it." He replied, before returning back to the other room. Harry and Hermione looked at Ron, both trying not to laugh at their friend. The three went back to the dorm room.

Draco was lying on his bed, legs crossed, reading the Daily Prophet.

"Why do you have muggle ladies makeup?" Hermione asked, making a small motion to the bathroom.

"Because most wizards and witches use spells to get rid of blemishes and such, so there isn't such thing as wizard cover-up." Draco answered simply, turning the page of the newspaper.

"What, are you against using magic to get rid of 'em?" Ron questioned, his expression reading his confusion. He went to his trunk to continue unpacking.

"I don't put it on my face, you thick-skulled buffoon. And nor do I need to, I'm nineteen, not twelve." Draco snapped, rolling his eyes, and turning the page once more. Harry begun to suspect that he wasn't even reading it, just holding it for effect.

"Well, where else would you need to put it?" Hermione asked, sitting on her bed.

"I thought you were the smart one of the trio, Granger." Draco glanced at her. He then put down the Daily Prophet, sitting up and turning to sit facing the centre of the room. He rolled up his sleeves and displayed both forearms. Both were just smooth, pale skin.

"Oh you cover your... Er... Right..." Hermione mumbled, looking down in awkwardness. Harry realised that it was his dark mark that he covered. He'd completely forgotten that Draco had had one, and for a moment, was completely lost as to why Draco was showing his arms.

"Yeah, having the sign of the Dark Lord on your arm doesn't exactly help you make friends." Draco muttered, going back to reading his newspaper.

"Maybe one day it won't mean anything, the sign, I mean." Ron suggested, looking up from his trunk for a moment.

"I doubt that, Ron. Even in the muggle world, the sign of Hitler's still seen as offensive, and that was over fifty years ago." Hermione stated, looking quite solemn. Harry gave a nod of agreement. He didn't think the dark mark would ever lose its meaning.