Black Eye, Bruised Lip and a Broken Arm

"Harry? What happened? Where's Draco?" Hermione asked, coming from behind. Realising he probably looked like a total nob just stood on the hill, Harry turned to his friends. He went up a little to meet them, all the while, wondering how to explain what'd happened without having to tell them he'd tried to kiss Draco Malfoy.

"Well, funny story: Draco wants us to leave him alone." Harry simplified. He was still working on the details, so decided he'd start with the main message of the story.

"What?!" Hermione and Ron asked unison.

"Harry, what did you do?" Hermione asked separately.

"Nothing." Harry immediately replied, feeling the blood rush to his cheeks. Well done, that was really believable, Harry thought sarcastically to himself.

Still, he didn't think he could be held responsible. Draco went off on his own accord. He leant in as well, so the near-kiss probably wasn't the issue. Apparently it went deeper, so deep that Draco had decided he couldn't even continue to 'try be Harry's friend'.

"Obviously you did something, mate." Ron stated obviously, making a gesture to wherever Draco had disappeared to.

"Come on Harry, it's been less than three hours and you've already scared him off." Hermione folded her arms. In response, Harry angrily pushed up his glasses, scowling. Of course Hermione wouldn't believe that he did 'nothing', and most likely neither would Ron.

So he decided to leave it. At least that way, there was less chance of them requesting a full story.

"Let's go see who else came back." Hermione muttered, walking ahead. Harry looked to Ron, whom just shrugged.

"I won, by the way." Ron informed him as they started walking.

"Congratulations, you won against Hermione, whose never played a Quidditch match in her life."

Ron punched his arm in annoyance.

---

Neville hugged Harry tightly, after having already hugged Harry's two friends. Just as Harry thought he might lose consciousness, Neville released him from his grasp.

"I'm so glad you guys came back! I thought it was just gonna be me and Luna- Not that there's anything wrong with that, Luna." Neville stated, quickly apologising halfway through. With a smile, Luna said that it was fine and that she was thinking likewise.

The group were headed to the Great Hall for lunch after having met on the staircase to the Gryffindor dorms. Of course the trio wouldn't have been able to have gotten in, not knowing the password, but Hermione's idea was to see who they'd run into on the way there - and it'd worked (similar to most of her plans).

Neville had been on his way down to the hall, then as they'd continued on their way, they ran into Luna, her head deep in the Quibbler.

Just like she had the Sorting Hat, McGonagall had altered the way the houses ate. They were allowed to sit wherever they liked, meaning Luna would be able to join them at the Gryffindor table, and if they wanted, they could join her at Ravenclaw.

Or, as to what had just happened, Draco could also join them.

A few moments after the group had settled at the Gryffindor table, the tall blond had taken a seat beside Hermione and opposite Harry.

All five of them looked at him in surprise. Neville and Luna not expecting him to willingly be within a few feet of the trio and the trio not expecting him to go back on his request of them leaving him alone.