Chapter 9 - The Sister

Elytra woke up with her hair cascading down her face, laying next to an awake and alert Mavi. "Someone's watching us." She whispered, sensing the buzz of the camera stationed in the corner of the room. "Tony." Elytra walked over to the camera, looking him in the eyes through the lens. "Mavi is not a threat. Stop freaking out."
He burst through the door, causing her to wrap her arms protectively around the small girl. "Don't tell me to stop freaking out!" He yelled, "We've been waiting for you to let us meet another one of your siblings! You should invite the other three hundred over, we'll have dinner, and movies, and-"
"Tony. There are only twenty-nine of us left.
"WHAT!!!"                                                                   
"T-Tony. Are all of their names this weird?" Mavi peered at him from behind her leg. Tony chuckled, "Well, what do you call normal?"
"Um, there was Anouk, Ciltyr, Indigo, Omari-"
"Alright, alright, who named you all anyway?"
"The three eldest, but they usually wait a month or two before they decide."
"Well Icy, Mavi, you want something to eat? Everyone's in the lounge, I ordered pizza. They should probably know another Frosty's living in the compound too. Especially a tiny one."
"Hey! I was the oldest of my cluster, thank you!" Mavi steamed, while Elytra grabbed her arm, holding her back from trying to hurt him. Ice started to spike beneath their feet, and Tony quickly apologized. "Mavi, do you want to change?"
Mavi looked down at what she was wearing, a grey top and blue shorts. "No, I'm good." She grabbed Tony's hand. "Now, what is this 'pizza' you speak of?"
"You have got to be kidding me..."
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Mavi had probably eaten about eight slices of pizza in the last five minutes, munching on her ninth, when Steve approached, sitting on a stool beside her. "Hi, I'm Mavi." She said, munching on cheese and pepperoni. "Steve."
"Quick question, how old are you?" Mavi counted in her head. "97 moon cycles." Steve gave her a puzzled look, before Elytra yelled from the couch, "That would be about eight."
"Thanks El."
Mavi reached for a tenth slice, before he interjected, "You probably shouldn't eat so much. You might get sick."
"I'll be fine." She bit off the end of the pizza, "I can eat up to ten times my weight."
"I wish that was the weirdest thing I've heard today... Where do you come from? You seem like Elytra, but not quite. At least, you don't have wings on your back."
"I have wings, I just don't show them. I fought in the Chitauri battle too, you probably weren't aware it was me though."
"Wait..." Steve connected the dots in his head. "You're one of them." Mavi nodded, mouth full of food, and flicked her wrist. A small dragon formed on the table. She pointed to it, swallowing. "You mean that?"
Steve nodded. Mavi laughed, putting her plate in what they called a 'sink.' She went over and sat on the couch beside Elytra and Thor, who was watching her make the ice dance.
It cascaded up to the ceiling, forming icicles with little blue eyes peeking out from within. "Do you want to explain, or should I?" El asked.
"I can explain, but you're better at controlling it." Mavi said, as she formed a crack in one of the icicles.
"So, Elentiya-"
"Elytra."
"Sorry. Elytra, and I aren't blood siblings, but we share many common traits. Such as wings, the morph, and magick."
"Hate to point it out, but you don't have wings Mave." Tony remarked, which made her turn around to face him. "Not like hers, but if you ask El, you better hope you don't ever see them."
Elytra laughed, as Mavi continued the story.
"Unlike Elytra, who has blood parents, my siblings and I are made from ice, so we don't have parents." The largest icicle fell to the ground, and shattered, leaving a dragon standing in the middle of it. "That's Tundra, he's the oldest. About a year later, the other two hatched, Ciltyr and Wyrd. Those are the Three. They're in charge." The smaller icicles shattered one by one, leaving small dragons crawling around the floor. "Every dragon learns how to morph once they're older, so the inhumans are the older ones, and the dragons are the younger ones. Icicles form every year or so, so there's always babies in the pack. But, we started dying off about a year ago. Norge got it first. He complained of a headache, he was about eight at the time, so we thought he would be morphing soon. He morphed, but the frost on his arms gave way to burns, and his eyes turned red. Tenyi got it next. We all got it one by one, and there were twenty nine of us this morning, but Anouk was pretty sick when I left, and Calysta had just died before, so I'm really not sure how many of us are left."
"Why is it that you seem unaffected?" Thor asked, looking worryingly over at Elytra's growing burns as he asked the question.
"That's why I came to Midgard."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm so sorry for the late update, and that it's so short. I've had a lot of schoolwork and projects that needed to get done, and I didn't have any free time this weekend. I hope you liked this chapter though!
(Someone DM'd me earlier, so I thought I would put this in the chapter)
Mavi's name is pronounced Mah-vee
Anouk: An-nook
Ciltyr: Sil-ter
Omari: Oh-Mahr-ee
Wyrd: Why-erd
Tenyi: Ten-ee
Word count: 932