Whelmed

"What's this?" Tim inquired, snatching the book Damien was reading and perusing it. "Your curse book?"

    "No, you imbecile! It's Tayeb Salih's greatest novel, Season of Migration to the North. I'm reading it in its original language, of course."

    "Oh, big man with a book, you think you're better than me?!" Tim shouted in his face before having a good laugh. He then turned his attention back to the worn-out pages. "Holy crap, is it written backwards?!" He exclaimed before turning a page rather quickly and watching it detach from the spine of the book. "Oops! Came right off."

Tim kneeled down to pick up the page, but as he turned around to apologize to Damien he launched at him, making him roll on the ground and then putting his hands in position to snap his neck.
Tim swiftly kicked Damien off him making the small boy bump into a wall and fall onto the ground, unconscious.
Dick, being the big brother he is, took this as an opportunity to lift up Damien and put him on his back.

"Uh, wha-? What's happening?" Damien asked sleepily as he began to regain consciousness.
He then saw Tim's smug face and the memories of what he did hit him like Abby jet of ice cold water. "Grayson! Put me down this instant! I must avenge Tayeb Salih and kill Drake! His death will be a painful one!" He shouted, firing Tim a bat-glare.

"It was an accident! I was going to pick up the page and glue it back, if you had let me!" The former Robin explained.

"You can't just glue it back! That book was an early edition, it's almost forty years old! It belonged to my mother..." Damien said, his voice cracking.

"Sounds like someone needs a major cuddle session." Dick said, patting his little brother's back.

"No cuddles, only justice." Damien replied, trying to fight back tears.

"That's my motto!" Bruce said with a smile. "Hey, what's going on here?"

"Brother bonding." Dick informed him.

"Well that explains Damien's expression." Bruce said, chuckling at his son's frown. "Just don't smother him, okay?"

"It's a little too late for that, father." Damien grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Cheer up, baby bird! We're going to have some fun! It's going to be totally asterous."

"Help!" Damien cried as they went up the stairs.

***

"Okay, what's the best place for cuddling? My room or the projection room?" Dick mused once they arrived upstairs.

"How about my room?" Damien suggested, trying not to show that he had a hidden agenda.

"Mmm, I don't think your bed's big enough."

Does he plan on spending the night?! Damien wondered, horrified. Still, being in his room was vital to his plan. "Please? I would like to show you something."

"Okay!" Dick conceded, knowing that a show-and-tell would be a great bonding experience.

"There we are!" Dick said, setting Damien down on his bed. "Now what was that you wanted to show me?"

"My vast collection of antique swords, of course!" Damien said as he flipped on a switch located under his desk. Thereupon, his bookcase slid to the left to reveal an arrangement of dusty swords.

"Oh, um, wow, Damien, that's... a lot of swords." Dick said with a nervous chuckle. Leave it to his little brother to turn a perfectly nice cuddle session into a weapons class.