Lovebirds (Part 1)

Author's Note:

In this story you will be introduced to an O/C that I have created myself, so please don't copy her!

"... and then I went back to check on him, and he still had the word 'idiot' written on his forehead! I'm telling ya, that permanent marker really is permanent." Bruce said with a chuckle. Tim laughed, but his younger brother simply stared at the front page of the newspaper with a blank expression on his face.

"You alright, Damien?" Bruce asked, seeing tears beginning to form in his son's eyes.

"She's dead." He replied simply, his eyes never leaving the page.

"What? Damien, who's dead?" Bruce pressed.

"Excuse me." He said quickly, standing up and running to his room.

Bruce and Tim almost banged their heads together when they walked around the table to see what Damian was reading.

The headline read: Princess Viana found dead.

'It appears the Queen's predecessor jumped out of the window of her bedroom in the east tower at eight o'clock last night.'

"Friend of Damien's?" Tim thought out loud.

"Probably. But she must've been more than a friend for him to be this upset about her death." Bruce replied, skimming through the article. "I think we should do a little bit more research on Princess Viana, see what connection she has with Damien."

"Or we could just ask him." Tim suggested.

They both chuckled at how stupid that was.

But before they could discuss the matter any further, Dick barged into the room, still in his policemen uniform.

"I'M COMING LIL' D!" He cried, zooming past them and running up the stairs.

"Man, he must be really depressed if he called Dick." Tim remarked, taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Yeah." Bruce muttered. He then stood up and put his napkin on top of his plate. "Well, I better go check on them, make sure everything's okay."

"I really don't think that's a good idea. The last time I walked in on one of Dick and Damien's cuddle sessions they almost clawed my eyes out."

Bruce looked at the staircase and smirked. "I'll take my chances."

***

As Bruce got closer to Damien's door, the sound of sobbing and comforting words grew louder. He was already close enough to peek through the cracked door.

"She's dead, Grayson! And she's dead because of me!" Damien cried before huddling closer to Dick's chest.

"Now why would you say that?" His big brother asked in a whisper.

"Because she missed me. She missed me so much she saw no point in living without me in her life! I should've snuck out and visited her when her letters stopped coming, instead of assuming that she was simply too busy. And now she's dead!"

"This isn't your fault, Dami..." Dick reassured him, caressing his hair.

"You're right." Damien replied, drying his tears with his arm. "It's all Deathstroke's fault! If he hadn't killed my grandfather, the League would still be standing, and so would our engagement. If our engagement were still standing, I could've stayed by her side. I could've protected her."

"Shhh, Dami, there's no point in thinking about what could've happened, you'll only feel worse. All you can do now is try to get some closure and move on. Isn't that what Viana would've wanted you to do?"