~ten~

Chapter ten

Aubrey's pov

I leaned on V's shoulder as we waited in news about Liam. Kev came back with a coffee for himself and V. He sat near Lip an started to talk to him.

"They probably took her to district six for booking." He said." That's where they usually take you before they transfer you to county. She's gonna need a lawyer. You got anybody you want us to call?" Kev says. But Lip doesn't answer him, he just stays silent." Lip?" Kev calls, noticing he's not listening." Is the there a lawyer you want us to call? I used a guy on calumet a couple of years ago for that DUI thing I had, you know? He smells like dirty dish towels, but if you breathe through your mouth, it's bearable." Kev said, not caring that Lip is not listening and trying to make a joke.

A nurse comes up to us, and calls for Fiona not knowing she got arrested." Phillip Gallagher." Lip says, walking up to the nurse." Is Fiona here?" The nurse asked." No." He states simply." Will she be back?" The nurse asked." No, not soon. I'm Liam's brother." He says quickly." Is there another parent or legal guardian available?" She asked.

"No. Is Liam gonna be okay?" He asked again wanting to know if his little brother is okay." I'm sorry. I really need a responsible adult precent-" but Lip cuts her off explaining that no one is around but him." Look, my moms a bipolar drug addict who split years ago, and my dads a drunk, and the cops just hauled Fiona off to jail, okay?" Lip rushed out getting irritated by the nurse." Look, I'm the only thing that passes for a responsible adult that you're going to find. Now how is Liam?" He said.

"Your brother came in with acute cocaine toxicity- disoriented hallucinating, and with a dangerously elevated heart rate." The nurse finally gives us information about Liam." He's on naloxone for his altered mental status and benzodiazepine to control his seizures." The explains. I look at Lip and the rest of them to see a sad look on there faces." Seizures?" I asked picking my head up." We're monitoring his temperature, his heart rate, and his glucose levels, but he has started to settle down." The nurse finishes.

"Can we see him?" Debbie asked from her seat."I'm sorry, only immediate family over eighteen are allowed in the PICU." The nurse says, smiling at us sadly." Go, we'll stay here with the kids." V says, Lip looks at Debbie and Carl and walks off with the nurse." Alright, guys. How about we get you kids home and in bed?" Kev says, as me and him stood at the same time. I grab my jacket and started to walk to his truck. And as soon as I get into the truck I fall asleep.

::::::::::::::

The next morning I woke up, I was laying on the couch in the Gallagher house." How the hell did I get here?" I groaned getting up." Oh, your up, do you want some donuts?" I heard V say." Oh, um, okay, thanks." I mumble standing up stretching. I walked to kitchen still half sleep and grabbed a donut." I'm going to go home and take a shower and get dressed." I said with my mouth full." Okay, be back quick though." V said, sipping her coffee. I grabbed my phone and my jacket quickly before walking out the door.

Landon: why aren't you here today?

I texted back right away since he sent that about an hour ago.

Me: something really important came up, sorry, I really am

Landon: oh, do you want to talk about, or no

Me: I rather do that in person, but I have to get ready to go somewhere so ittl

After that he left me on read, so I went into the shower, no I'm not washing my hair I put it on a bun and put on a shower cap. I washed myself quickly, got out and put on a white sweatsuit, and a pair of Jordan's that G-dogg got me.