Night 1

Another story transfer! So I'm back with a "5 times" story, but its kind of not one and it isn't plus one. But I like it and so I hope you all do. I have it mostly written out so I have to go and type everything. Yay, me but I would expect it to be updated/finished soon. So Now here's the disclaimer and let's go!

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN KNB OR ITS CHARACTERS!

The first time that Kuroko stayed over was for the simple fact that Kagami was failing remedial Japanese, a class that needed to be taken by those out of the country for so many years while in school. So Kuroko, a straight A student, volunteered to help. The phantom player had come over right after basketball practice and they got started straight away. Five hours later and Kagami was still struggling with figuring out the difference between formal and informal, Americans for the most part always used informal so he didn't get why he needed to learn all of this.

Kagami leaned back to stretch out his back. Kuroko had begun to pack up his things. Out of curiosity, Kagami glanced at the clock. It was seventeen minutes past eleven. Kuroko had a long way home he knew, and there were a lot of weirdoes lurking around Tokyo at night.

An uneasy feeling clenched in his stomach when thought about Kuroko walking home alone with people like that. He looked so defenseless and innocent, not at all like a member of a high school basketball team. Hell! He didn't even look like he was in high school.

Kagami just wouldn't feel right sending Kuroko out alone, this late. So he did what was natural to him.

"Kuroko. Stay the night. Its late." Kagami blurted out.

Kuroko blinked, in what the Seirin ace was considering surprise, Kagami shrugged.

He wasn't sure on what he was supposed to do as a light, but he figured that somewhere there had to be something about him protecting his shadow.

"Sure." The reply was so sudden Kagami nearly missed it.

Kagami tried not to show his obvious relief. "I'll go make an extra bed. You can take a shower if you want, I probably have an old shirt you can wear, not sure about what to do about your pants."

"Thank you." Kuroko said as he shuffled off towards the bathroom.

At least he didn't bow this time. Kagami thought to himself, heading to his room to make up the extra bed and try to find an old shirt.

Kagami set the shirt he found outside of the bathroom door, knowing Kuroko would find it when he opened the door.

When the small basketball player walked into his room, he was in the middle of tucking in the last corner of the quickly made up bed.

Kagami tried not to think too much on how poorly his smallest shirt fit Kuroko.

The white tee was still baggy and hung down to Kuroko's knees. The neck slipped down on one should, revealing an unmarred collarbone. It was actually kind of cute.

Kagami shook his head and went back to his task.

An hour later and both teens were fresh and settling into their designated beds, with a few last minute questions.

"Is it comfortable enough?"

"Yes, its fine."

"May I have some water?"

"Go ahead, you know where the kitchen is."

"Do you need an extra blanket or pillow?"

"No, thank you though."

"Can you turn the light off now?"

With that final question Kagami flicked the switch on the bed side lamp and turned so his back was facing Kuroko, attempting to make this less awkward.

"Good night."

"Good night Kagami-kun."

Sleep, as usual, claimed the red head quickly.

Sometime later Seirin's ace was awoken by something. He couldn't identify it at first but he quickly found out that he was awoken by whimpers. He bolted up fully awake, eyes scanning for any signs of a fanged creature of death(a dog). Finding no signs of his mortal enemy he looked around confused for what could've made that sound.

It took all of a minute for him to narrow down on the source of the whimper. Which actually surprised him.

Kuroko.

Out of curiosity, and genuine concern, he shifted towards the edge of his bed to peer towards Kuroko.

The moment his eyes made contact with the sleeping frame, anguished words tore from the others lips.

"No! Why?"

Kagami arched a split eyebrow. Huh?

"I can still pass!"

Nightmare. Kagami lamely concluded.

Kuroko was writhing in his sheets, while he was also holding the thin sheet tightly, unwilling to kick it off.

"Don't! I swear I'm not a burden!"

Kagami watched, unwilling to wake Kuroko. It was rare to see any form of emotion on Kuroko's face, so he was more than a little fascinated. The pale features were scrunched up in pain and small tears pooled at the corner of his eyes, not spilling over yet. Kagami felt a little bad for the smaller male.

"You miracles will destroy yourselves! Please! Stay!"

Ah! That's private! His eyes widened.

Kagami quickly flipped over. He didn't want Kuroko to know that he was listening to him have a nightmare. That would be hard to explain. He didn't want to make the phantom player think that he his light thought him as weak for sobbing over a bad team break up.

Needless to say, he didn't like that little nagging feeling that he should be doing something else. He felt bad, but not bad enough that he was going to lose sleep over it.

Nightmares happen. It was none of his business prying into Kuroko's past like that. Like if he had a nightmare about what happened in America, he wouldn't want the smaller male to start bombarding him with questions. He'd probably just get angry.

Within seconds he blocked out the whimpers, and in a few more he was already asleep.

The morning came and Kagami acted oblivious to last night. Kuroko acted like he slept fine, regardless of how sluggish he was moving, and the start of dark circles underneath his eyes. The power foreword shrugged, if it didn't bother Kuroko then it shouldn't bother him.

He was a little more curious about the miracles, almost wanting to bring it up when he was eating breakfast with the other.

But he didn't. He'd learn enough about them soon enough. Of that he was sure.

Night 1 is done. Yehaw. I'll go fill some prompts and then head back over to this story for nights 2-5. As usual leave your thoughts below and whatnot. Later! ~IF