Night 4

So this is the fourth installment. Sorry for the wait and yeah. Will be writing number five, probably will be out later tomorrow(or in this case today.) So here enjoy this the longest chapter so far!

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN KNB OR ITS CHARACTERS.

The fourth night that Kuroko stayed over it was after the second time that they played Aomine. This time having a completely different outcome than the first. In their joy Kagami had turned towards Kuroko and asked if he wanted to go out for a victory dinner, just the two of them, and then stay the night.

He was surprised when Kuroko seemed hesitant to accept. He did, however, Kagami wondered if it was just out of politeness.

Dinner was silent as well. Not that eating with Kuroko was an overly loud event, there was still conversation. Did we go back in our partnership? Kagami questioned as he stuffed another burger in his mouth.

When they finished dinner they decided that they would just walk the few blocks to Kagami's apartment.

"Want to watch a movie when we get back?" Kagami asked breaking the silence between them.

Kuroko shook his head before answering. "No thank you. I'll just take a shower and go to bed."

Kagami felt the worry well up with how cold Kuroko was being to him. They continued the short walk in silence. It really was beginning to bug Kagami. The only time they had been this quiet together was after meeting Aomine for the first time, and when they first met. The red-head was finding that he didn't like this one bit. His hand itched to wrap around Kuroko's smaller one.

The silence lasted until they reached the front door of his house.

"Kagami-kun I will have to borrow the shirt again." Kuroko spoke suddenly and softly.

Kagami knew what shirt his shadow was referring to. It was the shirt he had leant Kuroko the first time that he stayed over, and ever since then, the power foreword kept it clean and easy to access for occasions like this one.

"I'll leave it outside of the bathroom." Kagami said as he opened the door.

Kuroko nodded.

So he's not speaking again? What happened?

Kagami shook his head and moved towards his own bedroom. He noticed that the usually organized room was messy, and what little floor space he had was taken over by the extra bed he kept.

"I keep forgetting to take it down." He mumbled to himself, quickly fishing out the shirt for Kuroko. As he said he left it on the table by the bathroom door.

He was lounging on his own bed when Kuroko walked into his room.

"Finished?"

"Yeah."

"I'll go take my shower then."

Nothing.

Kagami sighed and stood up. Moving at a brisk pace to the bathroom. He smelled and felt like sweat, and even though he took a shower after the match he felt like he needed another one. That and he wanted to see if Kuroko would be more willing to talk after he gave him some breathing room.

His shower was faster than Kuroko's as he ran out of hot water halfway through it, and not wanting to catch a cold he hurried out.

Returning to his room he saw that Kuroko was already lying on his side, back facing Kagami's bed.

He's never slept with his back towards me. Kagami noted slightly hurt.

Shrugging he clamored into his own bed, and turned the light off. This time instead of sleeping how he usually did, back to Kuroko he faced the smaller teen.