Night 5

nd its done! Hope you enjoy(ed) and see you at the bottom!

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN KNB OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS

The fifth time that Kuroko stayed over was after he told the story of Teiko. Everyone left in groups or pairs. No one was heading in the direction of the phantom player. Kuroko had also stayed to help him clean up; which really wasn't needed but the red-head didn't mind having just a little bit of alone time with his shadow. It had been like that ever since they had woken up that morning and kissed.

They cleaned in silence but it was companionable; unlike after that game. Suddenly Kuroko spoke up. "Kagami-kun doesn't care if I spend the night?"

Kagami's mind flashed back to after they versed Aomine for the first time.

I don't like the dark!

Kagami still hadn't figured out if he meant literally or if he was continuing with the light and shadow metaphor. "Yeah; you can."

Kuroko looked incredibly relieved. He masked himself in his usual blank face before speaking once more. "I will get my shower then."

Kagami nodded. He went to his room to straighten the semi-permanent bed. It was the bed he made up for Kuroko but never got around to actually put it up.

While he was making the bed his mind was filled with the past few weeks. He and Kuroko were in this strange not quite platonic friendship. They hadn't officially started to date but it wasn't as if the kiss hadn't meant anything. In fact they had kissed several more time since then, and they hadn't been any less amazing.

The red-haired ace was also more aware of his shadow. He could tell when the other was in the same room as him or if the phantom player had left. He noticed the smallest details that people overlook.

Kuroko walked into his room sometime later, hair still slightly dripping, and wearing the baggy shirt.

"Your hair is still wet." Kagami muttered.

Kuroko shrugged.

"You'll get sick."

Another shrug.

"Come here and let me dry it."

There was silence before the other complied. Walking over to Kagami's bed, and sitting cross legged in the middle. Kagami rolled his eyes before he grabbed the discarded towel and sat directly behind the smaller male.

Slowly he began to rub the towel over Kuroko's hair, soaking up the water and messing up the already unruly hair. They sat in silence for another ten minutes, then it was broken by Kuroko.

"Kagami-kun?"

"Hmmm?" The other hummed.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Kagami had to spend a few seconds dragging his mind out of the gutter. When he finally did, he was still blushing.

"Why?"

"I don't want to sleep alone tonight." Kuroko spoke bluntly, almost like he wasn't affected by the words he said. That was before Kagami noticed the tips of the phantom player's ears turning red.

He understood where the other was coming from, more or less. It had to have been difficult for Kuroko to divulge such personal information to so many people at one time. Not to mention how many painful memories he had to relive telling the story.

Kagami growled in his throat as he thought about how much pain the Generation of Bastards put Kuroko through his seventh and eighth grade years. Kuroko inclined his head towards Kagami, waiting for an answer.