Chapter 24

Brienne and I were led to our rooms where we parted ways since they were on either side of the hallway. The guards left us and we stepped into our respective rooms. It wasn't much - not near as spacious and extravagant as my room in King's Landing had been. The room held only a bed, a small nightstand with a candle set upon it, and a small dusty fireplace that looked like it hadn't been used in ages. The cold seeped into my clothes but I couldn't feel it as I shut the door behind me. I leaned the side of my head against it and sighed.

A few tears spilled from my eyes and I brushed them away angrily with the back of my hand. What was I doing? Thinking I could end up with a Lannister? One who's heart was already taken at that? It had been stupid and reckless to pursue him. I'd always known it.

But I'd done it anyway and now my heart was breaking because of it. This was just as much his fault as it was mine though. Why did he lead me on like that? And pretend he had feelings for me when he knew he still loved Cersei?! He didn't just forget that.... Jaime had played me and I fell for it.

The question now was: do I continue to harbor affections for him? Do I keep pursuing a man that doesn't care for me? The question answered itself, I suppose. Why would anyone purse someone who doesn't like them back? I pushed myself off of the door and strode over to the bed where a clean dress had been laid out for me. Picking it up in my hands, I examined it.

It was purple silk and beautiful - elegant in style but not over-the-top. I smiled and ran my fingers over the material. It reminded me of days long ago when I was back at Winterfell. We would hold feasts and invite the neighbouring kingdoms to join us. Sansa, Arya, and I would wear our most exquisite dresses that fell down to our feet in waves. We'd all been so young back then...

I glanced up and saw a door that led down to a private bath. Quickly, I grabbed up my things and went down to bathe. It didn't take as long as I'd thought even though I'd been covered in dirt and grime. When I finally came back up to my room again, I was clean and freshened up. I rolled up the dress to the neckline of it and let my arms slip through the sleeves whilst my the neckline went over my head. The dress fell in waves down my legs, the silk brushing against my skin.

I brushed the wrinkles out of it before sighing. Time to go downstairs for dinner. Striding out of my room, I walked down the steps before entering the dining room where Jaime and Brienne were already seated at a table filled with food.

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐋 || 𝐉𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara