Part III: A Promise for A Truth

This is by far my favorite chapter, and I hope you think so too! I've been awfully inspired and that's why this is out early. Hope you like it :) If you do, please vote!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?", Nathea stared incredulously. There was a scoff behind her, and something even more surprising happened.

Asher came out of the shadows. Kassinii's hand automatically came up, palm aimed at Asher. 

"So", Asher said amusingly, "You're the so called 'Dragon Flower'"

"Asher", Nathea breathed, "What are you doing here?"

"I followed you since you were walking away with two random strangers", he answered. He raised Nathea's crossbow at Kassinii.

Kassinii flashed a crooked grin,

"You think you can get me with that?"

"I don't think, I know", he answered, and pressed the trigger. Kassinii moved both arms in a whirlwind fashion, Nathea watched it twist off course. But then, it came back. Kassinii's eyes widened stunned. Then Nathea acted without thinking, the arrow exploded before it made contact.

Asher whipped angrily towards Nathea,

"What in the devil did you do that for?"

"By the Maker Asher! You could've killed her!"

"She stole Muriel!" he bellowed back at her, "And she pretty much damn got you too!"

Nathea fell silent. Her heart twisting and beating fast. Again, there it was, that sympathy for her.

"I did not-", Kassinii started, but then another arrow headed towards her. This time Kassinii didn't bother, one finger twitched, and a tongue of flame ate the arrow. Nathea was surprised. Kassinii never hinted to have such power. What was this?

"What's Dragon Flower?", Nathea whispered.

"Dragon Flower is-", Kassinii started.

"The legendary organization devoted against fighting the coming evil", Asher broke in sarcastically. Kassinii ignored the sarcasm,

"Exactly. And we need you"

"Why?", Nathea asked in surprise.

"Yes", Asher added in, "Why do you want her? Find some of your holy agents or something"

"Because she is the Blessed Child", Nathea felt chills rise upon her back as Sebastian spoke. 

"What?", Asher whipped around to face Sebastian.

"She is the Blessed Child from the Castle of Night"

"Surely!", Kassinii mocked, "You knew that!"

Asher stared, dumbfounded. He turned to stare at Nathea. She could feel her face burning. 

"No", Asher whispered.

"Ohh! Yes!", Kassinii relished at his ignorance, "She is the Blessed Child! You! Who have had dealings with them, should of course know who you've been trying to kill"

Nathea stumbled backwards. She caught the ashen white look upon Asher's face. But Kassinii didn't stop,

"But they could never have guessed you'd get cold feet, not seeking for revenge. But no!", Kassinii stared into his face, "No WAY!", she laughed with a bark. It wasn't her sweet happy laughter, it was hateful, mean, harsh, "They kept you in the dark! And", she leaned in towards Asher's stunned figure, and whispered something in his ear.