Chapter 05:Why do you look so Grumpy?

CHAPTER 05
WHY DO YOU LOOK SO GRUMPY?

Z A C H

I watched Rain left the pub with Greg because he had been meaning to go home for I didn't know what the reason was and I also felt like going home because I couldn't seem to enjoy it there, but I had to wait for Jack.

I sat on the counter stools and ordered a wine. Alcohol wouldn't work on us werewolves anyway. I was waiting for my order when I saw a few stools from me was Brett and he was flirting with a woman. He was so fast on finding someone to flirt with. I used to do that but I didn't feel like looking for someone that time. Maybe other than Rain. I could picture him beside me and maybe we would have a long nice chat.

I was thinking about our kiss at the alley: his soft lips on mine, his gentle blue eyes, his sweet velvet tongue. I secretly moaned when I remembered how good the kiss was.

My perverted thoughts was interrupted when the bartender served my wine, finally. I glanced at Brett's direction but he wasn't there anymore, including the woman.

That idiot.

He kept on messing around just because he hadn't found his mate yet.

After finishing my glass, I stood up and went out of the pub because it was already getting noisy and boring. I sent Jack a message that I would go ahead of them because I had something to do.

Instead of going straight to the pack house, I turned to my left and parked a few meters away from Rain's house. I went out of the car and stayed, leaning my hips. Since the place was surrounded by tall tress, the air was colder making my hands freeze that I needed to clip it in my underarms for warmth.

The scent of an old book and vanilla. I could still smell him from that distance and it was the first time I felt that feeling of couldn't wait to see him tomorrow.

What. Are we like okay now?

Are we friends?

Maybe more than friends because we kissed already.

Lovers?

Probably, we're mates after all.

I messed my hair in irritation. What was I thinking just now? I wasn't thinking of our status here like a girl, right? What in the bloody hell was happening to me!?

I really couldn't think straight when I smell him. I looked at his house and to the dark window on the second storey which probably Rain's room before I went inside the car and turned around to the pack house.

**

I dressed decently after a quick shower for I didn't know why. And decently, I mean a plain white shirt under a cardigan and jeans which was unusual because I never wear plain shirts, especially a cardigan which was the only cardigan I have. So, I considered it as decent.

Maybe because I was going to Rain's house? Lol, I was a hundred percent sure I didn't dressed properly for him. It was his dad, the scout leader—err his mom too.

Yeah, his mom.

I heard Jack cleared his throat and looked at me suspiciously as I descended the stairs.

"What?" I asked and he shook his head.

Dad, who went out from the kitchen and frowned when he saw me. "Where are you going so early on a Sunday morning?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Just having an early walk. Want to go walk with me?" I said and dad shook his head.

"Luke's waiting for me. Maybe next time." He said and I nodded in understanding. Nuh, I asked dad because I knew he was busy.