Have A Little Trust, Will You Please?

Hey everybody :3

You have no idea how terrible i feel 'cause i'm just terrible at updating :( I hope you're not mad haha. I put a lot of thought into this chapter. it kinda sets a lot of stuff up :) (ooooh suspense! o.o) yes haha :)

anywayyyy, hope you guys had a good weekend and have a tremendous Monday tomorrow :D Oh! The picture is obviously of James, 'cause he's so fricking adorable!!! (and maybe because he's a main character in this book...) x3 and the song is Good Girl by Carrie Underwood because I LOVE HER & 'cause it kinda goes with this, if you think about it from Colette's PoV with Mark :P sooo yeah!

Enjoy :) <3

{James’ PoV}

                My head’s still pounding, arm still throbbing, stomach still churning. The bright lights just pour into my heavy irises, just begging for some silence in a dark room. Questions keep running in and out of my mind, keeping me awake, driving me absolutely insane…

                All the yelling, crying, screaming, voices, blood, doctors and cries of relief are flooding over the hospital 24/7. Seriously, it’s frickin’ 2 in the morning. You’d think it’d be at least a bit quieter, but no, it seems even livelier than it is in daylight.

                I groan, the pain meds are finally wearing off. Now I have to deal with the excruciating pain of my wounds on top of the disbelief piled in my stubborn heart…I wish there was a way to relieve this hurt, this confusion. There’s just too much going on…or I should say went on.

                That huge fight with Mark…A huge shiver runs up from my tailbone, this chilled hand slowly, but forcefully pressing up my spine, reaching my neck with insufferably icy fingers.

                Where the hell is my sister?

                Where the fuck is my Colette?

                Where is anybody I actually care about?

                “Shit…” I mutter aloud, and then repeat it even louder. “Shit!”

                My eyes can’t see anything through a massive fog that’s entered the room. Why is the room moving?...what the HELL is wrong with me? What the FUCK is going on?

                Warm, sweet blackness floods into my conscious, making my eyes flutter shut. Finally. Peace.

{Colette’s PoV}

                Poor, poor James…I can’t believe he beat Mark up…and save me. Me. He risked his own life for mine…well this’ll take some time to get used to: people actually do care about me. A small smile curves onto my lips, but only for a second before reality sets in.

                Mark is out there somewhere, still on this psychotic mission of trying to convince me to love him again, after all the trust he broke. James is in the hospital, with a broken arm (in 3 spots), bruised ribs, and a concussion…but he’s got my heart “slowly” plummeting toward him, craving for my brain to just let me trust the guy who literally just saved my life. And then there’s…Kat. Wait…the last time I saw her was when she went over to Dakota’s place…and that was hours ago, technically yesterday. She’s gone…but how? Is she at Dak’s…?

                I sigh; a heavy, dark sliver of a breath escaping into the chaotic air of the emergency room’s waiting area. I’m just another person among the hundreds of people in this building alone…and only one of the people in here knows (part) of my story…geez. I’ve never felt this kind of…adoration for anybody before. Constantly thinking of James, no matter what’s happening, my heart skips beats just thinking of him (it ties itself up with my throat every time he’s around), I want his approval, I want him with me 24/7, and I just want him in general. Is that bad…? I sure hope not.